October 2013 mummies.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks April Very Happy It went well, it was lovely seeing baby on screen again and now seeing it move and feeling it at the same time, made it so much more real Smile The sonographer said that there is no cause for concern and she told us when to look away when inspecting the 'bits' which we both did, hubby thought he saw a willy though, but then it went into a foot so unless it is a boy with a massive winky, I doubt he did Laughing Laughing Laughing

Had a drama of a day after leaving work for the scan then returning again, I had a feeling I locked my keys in my car (I didnt think to check though Rolling Eyes ) Low and behold, I had done just that, a colleague had to take me to my moms to get the spare house key, take me home to get my car key then drive me back to work again, when we got back I was blocked in my a massive lorry, luckily he moved for me and I was just in time to collect DD from nursery, phew DOH!

When is the next 20 week scan ladies? It cant be long until someone has one...? xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Glad to hear your scan went well poppytots. I was gonna wish you luck on Wednesday when i popped on but didnt have time to write a message.
That sounded a bit of a nightmare with your Keys. My sister got locked out of her car at a petrol st, leaving her phone and purse in there too! Luckly there was a community support officer there who drove her home to get her spare set then drove her back again. She was able to pay and still make it to school to collect the children she nannys for.

Im having my scan on Tuesday the 28th, so only 18 days to go. Im gonna find out if i can what we r having. Belle is STILL set in it being a baby brother so really need to make sure for her. Laughing I dont want to wait until baby is born and it be a girl and have Belle come to the hospital and say, "i dont want her put her back" or "i want that one" and point to anther baby. Laughing

Anyone thinking of a home birth?
Im in 2 minds, one thing tells me to go to hospital, that way if anything should go wrong id be there already. And also if i wanted lots of pain relief id be able to have what ever i wanted. (i only had 45 mins of gas and air with Belle)

The thing that is pushing me for a home birth is that i have no1 to look after Belle, so if i had baby at home she could be there (not necessarily in the room but still there)
I also wont have to be "stuck" in hospital. I was only in over night and ALL of the nxt day with Belle, they forgot to discharge me at 9 am so had to wait till 5:30!

Anyone else thought much about names?

Weve 2 girls names, Chloe and Scarlett but a bit stuck for Boys names. We have a few we like but not one we love. Just wish hubbys cousin didnt call there son Max as that was what we had planned to use.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Glad your scan went well hun mines on the 4th june 17days too go, im so excited to find out the sex. What a drama with your keys, I did the same thing with my mums car when I was 16, opened the boot put them on the side speaker and then shut the boot. Luckily my dad did the old coathanger trick on the inside door handle and got it open. I did it with my own car too and was in a wooded park and had to ring breakdown to help haha.

Emmie im definately not having a home birth, im a good 50minute drive to my hospital and I think thats too far to travel if anything did go wrong again. Last time my womb didn't contract after the placenta was out and I lost 1.2 litres of blood, so im high risk anyway and after seeing the consultant she said im likely to bleed again but they will give me something to help it contract this time. Plus I had an epidural last time, even though I was pushing as soon as it was in and I cant have that at home.

Weve got skyla for a girl which weve had since my mc in may last year and I though of trent for a boy the other day and my oh likes it. I want a really rare or unusual name again. Xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
Well think we finally have a boys name! Well we have 2 names although one is very popular and is already in the top 5 names of the year!
We plan to have 3 names for each then name baby when its born.

My scan is a week tuesday, cant wait to find out what i having. That way we can really think of names and middle names! Its been hard enough thinking of first names. I expect we will go with Christopher for boys middle name as thats hubbys name.

Im off on holiday 2day, just waiting for in laws to arrive at r house (they r coming for a nose around b4 we move) They were ment to b here at 2 but they phoned 10 mins b4 then to say they were only half way here! Hopefully they will be here by 4.

Anyone watching Eurovision 2night? I always watch it, love taking the [*CENSORED*] out of the songs and costumes Laughing This will be the fist yr ive not had a group of fiends over to watch with Crying or Very sad we r quite sad and usually sit there and give the scores Laughing

Hope everyone is well, its been quiet on here for a bit.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Just popping on to wish emmie good luck for your scan today. Xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you.

All went well, baby is fine. Was amazing to see the heart,kidneys, brain and a WILLY! Yes thats right I got it right Im having a BOY!!

Belle is very happy to be having a baby brother. We went shopping afterward and we got a pale blue long sleeved vest with LITTLE BROTHER on it. We also go a very cute sad looking bunny. When we got home i went to get the bags out to see the bunny had gone, i asked Belle where it was and she said "in my bedroom" Laughing I told her it was for her baby brother and she said "her" ok i give it to him" she then put it on my tummy and said "there you go baby brother" Laughing was sooooo cute.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Awww your daughter is soooo cute Very Happy glad all is well with baby and congrats on having a boy.

Ive still got another week to wait and its gonna drag xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Yay for Willies Emmie!!!! Congratulations Laughing Laughing Laughing Glad everything went well! I know its late but yes, I watched Eurovision, I LOVE it, managed to get all my family to watch it too, the didnt want to but ended up enjoying, ha, I told them as much!!

Love the names you have April, I like unusual names too, although I find it difficult to get the balance right for a boys names, not to wacky but unusual is difficult for boys I think... Not long till your scan now Very Happy

Sorry I havent been on much lately, been visiting family and friends and not feeling well, but its all good now. My tummy is huge! I bent down today and felt a sharp pain by my belly button and when I looked at my tummy I have a big stretch mark there now Rolling Eyes Sad

Been to see the consultant and they said there is no reason why I cant have a VBAC which is great news, I have a growth scan booked for 28 and 34 weeks and the VBAC clinic at 28 weeks too. Not seen my midwife since 16 weeks and need to make a 24 week gp appointment.

Sometimes I feel like the time is flying by, other times I don't. There is so much I want to do in the house before baby arrives that I am making a list of acceptable things to get completed before our new arrival and shall staple it to hubbys forehead Laughing

Sent in my maternity leave application at work so its all feeling a bit more real now, baby is now known as 'Baby Pred' as it looked like predator on the scan picture, poor thing!! Lets hope its a boy so it will think its cool when its older ha Laughing

Hope everyone is alright and feeling their babies moving now, I constantly need the loo now and sleep with 4 pillows!!!xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, just to update ive had my scan today and were having a little BOY!!! I cant wait to buy things now. Baby was moving right upto just below my boobs and then really low down. I couldnt believe how high he moved, even the sonographer commented on it. Xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
Yay April another one for the BLUE team!
My little man was just like his daddy and was being lazy Laughing the little monkey was lying the wrong way as well so the lady was finding him difficult to check (just as the 12 week scan he was sleeping in the wrong direction)

I prob wont be on here for a while as have just moved house and not had internet sorted yet. Im currently cleaning the old house so still have access to the internet (was provided FREE with the house Thumbs up

Move going well, all unpacked (mainly by me!) except for the odds and sods if collected today and all the old baby stuff. By the way if you haven't sorted your old stuff do it ASAP as all my lovely white stuff has gone YELLOW! i need to give it a good boil wash and get it out on the line in this lovely sunshine we have been having b4 the typical British weather begins Laughing

Hopefully wont b long b4 we sort internet as my mobile internet is SOOOO pants, i literally can use it for 5 mins in the morning b4 it packs in and wont work Sad

Anyway hope you are all well.

Hope to be back very soon.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your blue bump April Very Happy I wonder if we have any pinks ones for October? I think mine is blue but obviously won't know until its born Laughing What a wriggly baby you have too Laughing My daughter was more active than this one, she was always fidgeting and is the same now Laughing

Emmie congratulations on moving house! I bet its a relief to be able to get settled before baby arrives Very Happy All of my old baby stuff has been used in the meantime by my sister, so hoping its not yellow, (or grey Laughing ) I hope she separates her whites from colours Laughing

Had my 24 week appointment today, all going well, I have so many appointments booked for 28-30 weeks, my antenatal, anti-D, consultant, VBAC clinic and got to fit a glucose test in there too!!! Phew!!

dlovebabiest
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies!! I haven't been on for a while. I just read most of the post and pretty much caught up. The good news is I am also having a Boy. We already got a whole bunch of things given to us already which I am very thankful for. Because it seems like everyone was just waiting for us to have a baby, things are just flowing in and we believe we are just beyond blessed. Well good luck to the rest of the journey ladies!
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies! (SORRY ITS A LONG ONE)

Finally have internet sorted Yeah

Nice to hear from you Dlovebabiest, and yay to another one for the blue team. Will be funny if we all have little boys. I wonder if thats happened b4 where al the birth club have the same.

Poppytots, i hope your sister has been separating the whites for you as well. I remember being given a huge bag (bigger than a bin liner) full of clothes for Belle and it was obvious that the woman had never separated anything, it took e LOADS of washes to get it to look nice but still not as white as i would have liked.

Ive got little thumper (as we have renamed him now Laughing ) a few little things, 2 thumper outfits, 2 baby grows and a couple of shirts. Its all been sale stuff. Im gonna wait till the winter/ autumn stuff comes out then get the bits i need as finding it hard with it all being summer stuff at the moment.

Im loving my new place, its SOOOO friendly here. I went to a baby group last week and have already made friends, they told me of another group they go to and have been out to lunch with them this week. Cant believe where i was living b4 it took almost 8 months for people to talk to me and then that was coz i was pregnant!
There is something on every day apart from fridays so Belle has been having a great time with all her new friends.

I went to an NCT yoga class on Tuesday evening, was great there s a lady there who is due 4 days after me so thats nice. I was prob the youngest there which was a bit scary when they all told me they were having baby number one and i having number 2, made me feel like a young mummy (im not im 28 - i thought thats about average)

Sorry going on a bit now- been SO long! Laughing

Hope you are all keeping well and the heat isnt bothering you too much.

Last edited by emmie02 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations on your little boy Dlovesbabiest Very Happy I think I'm having a boy too but didnt find out at the scan Smile

Emmie, I'm so pleased you have settled in well, have you moved far from your old place? It sounds much more friendly and family orientated. I think 28 is about average, I will be 31 when bump arrives (at least I hope it doesnt arrive when I'm 30 Shocked) and bizarrely found I was quite young when pregnant with my DD and now quite old while pregnant with number 2 Shocked There seems to be a baby boom with young moms in my neck of the woods!

I have a busy week antenatal wise next week, I have my 1st growth scan and consultant appointment, 28 week midwife appointment and Anti D injection, phew! It will be nice to see Pred on screen again, although I'm hoping not to see any tell tale gender signs!!!

Has anyone bought a pushchair yet, we need a new one but its such a minefield!!! I need something fairly compact to fit in my boot (my car is a corsa) but like a travel system with a car seat & carry cot and very reasonably priced eg cheap as chips!!! I'm hoping to pop to mothercare and kiddicare the weekend, hubby isnt keen but I want to check a few out that I have seen on Tesco Direct as I can still exchange my points then!!!

I also need a moses basket and new mattress for the cot, but thats about it. Has anyone tried the Cosatto changing station, I'm thinking of investing in one as there is a chance I will need a C-section so it will be invaluable in terms of changing and bathing xxxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, and hello 3rd trimester for me!

Its getting quiet on here now. What happened to everyone? Hope all is well with them.

Poppytots have you had your growth scan yet? Hope the scan wont show up any bits/willys for you. Laughing Ive not tried the changing station. Sounds like a good idea for you though if you end up with a c-sec.

Ive not booked my 28 week appointment yet, must get on and do it b4 they get too booked up. Yes i said THEY as my surgery has 3 to chose from!!! I can go either Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Makes a change from once a fortnight.

I went out to lunch again with my new mummy friends after baby group. They guy in the cafe asked how long i had to go. I said Oct. He was like "OCTOBER!!" Shocked then went on to say i was huge and asked how many i was having!! The cheeky thing. I just laughed it off and said yeah im having a giant as all the men in my family are over 6 foot. I was actually quite hurt. I know im big but didnt think i was that big. Im scared now im gonna be MASSIVE come the end and people will be expecting to see me with twins at the end. Laughing

Still trying to talk DH into a home birth as im really worried about what to do with Belle when the time comes. Hubby keeps saying to get mum down for the week but as you all know baby can come at any time, i dont want mum hanging about for 2-3 week as its not fair on her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular