October 2013 mummies.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:20 am 
Post subject:
EEEEEEK your having a baby TODAY!!!!!!!

Im so excited for you, I hope everything goes well. Do update us when you get the chance hun.

Good luck xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Wow Poppytots! Your having baby 2day!

Cant believe the first one of our group has had their baby already! Congratulations (by the time you read this he/she will be a few days old)

Talk about last min though! I would not have been prepared for that. Im still not fully ready now! Still need to do some more baby washing and scrub the pram down. (the new born liner bit has all been washed- just need putting back together) Just waiting for it to not be raining so i can pop it in the garden and give it a quick once over with a scrubbing brush (its been store in a garage so want to freshen it up)

Had my growth scan on Friday. All is well with little man. He was measuring in the middle for everything, although his legs were shorter but still within the "normal" range. (Belle has short legs too) I am a bit worried about the size of his head as its only 2cm smaller than Belles was when she was born (she had rather a large head) Im starting to be put off home birth as so worried i will have to go to hospital to be stitched up after, i think i might as well start there as being sent there afterwards defeats the whole point in a home birth. Seeing my midwife again on Thursday so will talk it over with her.

Im hoping little man wont keep me waiting much longer. Im such an impatient person, now that im ready for him i want him now! Plus hes so low down that every time he moves he pushes my bladder and im worried i might wee myself! ( i really should have done some pelvis floor exercises!)

Cant believe how orgaised you are April. I still need to do y hospital bag (just incase)
Shame about the potty training, although to be honest its prob best to wait now till after baby is here as ive herd that it can set them back again to wetting themselves. Belle still wears a nappy at night, we tried a few weeks ago to get her using the potty but i gave up after 3 nights in the row of bed wetting.

Looking forward to reading your birth story Poppytots.
Hoping r little men wont keep u waiting too long!

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, I didn't think anyone had seen my post as I didnt get the usual email to tell me so only just seen our messages Rolling Eyes

So all went very well, totally different experience from last time, dropped Eleri off at my parents the night before and got up at 6.15 Tuesday, had to drag DH out of bed!! Had a shower, got ready and we went on our way. Got to the hospital and were greeted by our very lovely midwife who showed us to a delivery room. Had a bit of a shock as I was supposed to be second going into theatre as there was another lady booked in before me, so I had lots of reading etc to do expected to go to theatre around 11.30 providing there were no emergencies but the midwife told us we were going straight in as the other lady had already delivered!! Text my brother and sister to tell them I'm in hospital as they didnt know.

Went into theatre, met all the staff who were lovely, had my spinal etc and they were in! It felt like it took sooo much longer than last time and it was quite nerve racking as last time I was totally out of it and exhausted, this time I was well aware of what was going on!

They finally got baby out and DH exclaimed 'its a girl!!!' and that was that!!! Totally shocked that it was a girl as during my 37 week scan I swore I saw a willy (obviously it was the umbilical cord) but I even googled it after and the image I saw is the same of 'boy' scan images (although I didn't tell anyone what I thought I saw).

She a delight, we called her Ffion (pronounced Fee-on) she was 8lbs 2oz (lord knows how heavy she would have been if they let me go over like they were on about doing!!) and was born at 9.55am.

Had a bit of trouble feeding her to start with as she didn't want to latch on, but we are successfully combination feeding now. The midwives were fantastic and very supportive and helpful in terms of feeding her, not judgemental or forceful like some I have come across, and its totally down to them that I am still breastfeeding now. My milk came in much quicker than with my first daughter so I'm able to feed her this time. I prepped myself for surgery and a section before hand eating so much veg and drinking loads of water and it really really has helped with my recovery and milk supply, lots of iron rich foods helps if you are planning on breastfeeding Wink

Anyhoo, how are you getting on? Emmie did you speak to the midwife about the stitches etc?xxx[img][/img]

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
[/URL]

Here she is Very Happy

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Poppytots, Shes beautiful, what lovely hair she has. Loving her name too.

I was convinced we were all having boys Laughing I know mine is defo a boy, i had it checked when i went for my growth scan, he was led there waving it about Laughing i was told that if he was born a she then i had to let her know coz shed quit her job Laughing

Sounds like a nice relaxed delivery this time around. How long did you have to stay in for after having her?

As for her feeding- i think c sec babies do tend to take a bit longer to get a grip on feeding. (just what ive heard from others in the same situation) Well done for keeping up with it though.

I spoke to my midwife and she said this time i wouldn't need an episiotomy this time as they dont do that for 2nd time mums. She thinks i will be fine. Smile
Still hoping on a home birth. Ive just been out to get stocked up on snacks and yummy goodies (not all for me- for the midwifes too)
Im gonna get together all the bits i need in a box later, towels etc so that's its all together for when the time comes. (i wanna relax and focus straight away and not be running about finding things lol)

Im hoping i havent much longer to go now. Baby is totaly engaged, dont think he can get any lower without actually popping out lol.
Saw midwife on thursday and she said "wow, hes low, if u dont make 37 weeks you cant have your home birth!" thankfully i only had 2 days to go (she thought i had a week to go)
I actually though he was coming on Monday night as started to feel contractions about 11pm, but by 11:30 it was all over. Rolling Eyes

Still cant believe your little lady is here, im soooo jealous.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 am 
Post subject:
awww shes gorgeous hun, congratulations. She has loads of hair Very Happy It sounds like you had a lovely delivery and I hope your healing well.
Glad feeding is going well, im really hoping to BF this time as kayne wouldn't latch on at all so i had to express feed him.

emmie it wont be long before your holding your little boy now, im hoping my little one will come a bit early too as im sooo uncomfortable now. 37weeks today so he can come whenever now.

p.s ive not been getting the email notifications either?
xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, how are you? Has anyone had an October baby yet? Ffion is doing well, still combination feeding and I have had mastitus which was painful but caught it quickly and got some antibiotics Very Happy Almost all better now!

I'm looking forward to being able to drive again now, its half term next week and I would like to get out and about and go and visit my grandparents.

Emmie, I had Ffion on the Tuesday morning and was discharged from hospital Thursday evening after I begged them! With my first (also a section) they were practically kicking me out of the door on the morning of the second day, and I was not well at all!! This time I felt fine being discharged then Wink

I didnt realise they would do an episiotomy for second time mums... I hope you manage to get your home birth! Sounds like you are getting organised ready for the big day Wink

Let me know how you are getting on xxxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Well STILL NO baby! April will prob ave hers b4 i have mine.

Getting really fed up now. Sad

Ive had 2 stretch and sweeps. With the last one i was told my waters were really bulging and she could have easily popped them for me. That made me think that he would maybe come that night.

I'm due another sweep on Thursday when i see the midwife. I shall be 40+5 by then. Im not sure if she will talk about induction with me then or wait till the week after when im 41+5 have you guys any ideas?

Glad your mastitis was caught early. Ive not had it myself but loads of mums at my boob group have.

Ive my yoga class tonight and i really don't want to go coz for the past 2 weeks they have been expecting me to turn up to show off little man.

Ive had enough of people saying "you still pregnant" "haven't had him yet then!" i didn't take Belle to her toddler group today coz i just couldn't face any more of it, instead they will all think I've had him. (just hope hes here by nxt week)
Mother in law is just as bad, she keeps phoning and saying "have you had the baby yet?" seriously like she thinks im gonna forget to tell her!

grrrr,. sorry rant over.

I think maybe i should try and relax and slow down a bit. I've been so busy and constantly o the go thinking it would make him early, but may be its made him feel like im not ready for him. lol.

Wishing you good luck April, ive a feeling you will be a mummy again b4 me. x

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
aww emmie hun I know how you feel I went 9 days overdue with my LB and its horrible.
Its my due date Tuesday and I was sure this little man would make an early appearance as 2 midwives have said he feels quite big, but now I think he is going to keep me waiting just as long as his big brother. Plus I now have the flu and so does my OH and LB so im hoping we all get rid of that before he comes.
When I saw my mw at 38weeks she said they induce you at 12 days over around here but didn't say anymore so they should talk to you about it at around 41 weeks id of thought.
Kayne hasn't been to nursery this week either emmie and I bet they all think ive had baby, im dreading going in on Tuesday and them all saying 'no baby yet then'

Im in pain quite a lot now too, I keep getting period pains and I think braxtons hicks where my belly goes quite hard and getting pain really low down too. Im going to ask my midwife if this is all normal as I didn't get anything like that first time.

Glad you caught the mastitis early poppytops as ive heard that its horrible and very painful, I bet your LO is getting quite big already too.

Good luck for when it all kicks off emmie im sure you wont be much longer now xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Well Baby Finn (Finley Jacob) is Finally here!

He was born at about 6:15 am on Friday 18th.

Was a VERY traumatic birth- i didnt think i would be on here announcing his arrival.

I shall post the full long version over in birth announcements.

Short(ish) version is.

Went into labour at 1:30 ish on Friday morning.
Midwife came to my house- was my midwife who id been seeing so was VERY happy as i really like her and hoped it would be here (id seen her on Thursday and she said if i went into labour that night it would be her- so we both hoped i would)

Everything was going smoothly (and a little slower than i expected) until my waters broke. Contractions were back to back and very painful. (had no gas and air)

Midwife was concerned about babys hear beat as kept dipping too low. She called an ambulance.
When they arrived i needed to push so they didnt put me in ambulance they let me stay at home.
Mid delivery i became aware i was being poked and prodded all over with the doppler, i listened and realised there was NO heart beat. Crying or Very sad After that i just lost it (was already panicking) i was man handled into other positions and told to keep pushing- i was but he just didnt come. I was given an episiotomy (with an injection first) But he still didnt come.
I was then loaded into the ambulance. Midwife found the heart beat and then lost it again.
She told me not to push but continued to cut me. Ten she said i could push, again he just wouldnt budge. They my midwife told me to stop. I then really did think that i had lost him. I cried and cried (sounded awful like wailing)

I got to the hospital- midwife wasnt aloud into theater with me (stupid policy's) - Hubby wasnt with me either as was at home with Belle (ho woke up just as i was leaving)
Thankfully the lovely paramedic asked if i would like her to stay- i said yes- i needed someone with me.
All these doctors were waiting in the room for me- too many to count!
As they went to move me from the stretcher i really really felt i HAD to push so i begged them to let me (as hadnt be aloud i the ambulance ride) they said yes- and with that i did one BIG push and out shot Finn like a rocket!

I could see that he was nice and pink so he was still alive but he wasnt crying, I shouted "MY BABY- GIVE ME MY BABY" "WHY ISN'T HE CRYING" They told me he was fine and handed him straight to me- i snatched him up and wouldn't let go. I kept crying "i thought he was dead" over and over.

Ive never been so scared in my whole life.

I had to stay in hospital for a few days until Finn's blood sugar levels were deemed "ok"

Im still very traumatised by the whole thing.

It didnt help that no-one whould tell me what actually happened. They kept saying - your midwife will be around to see you in the week when hes 5 days old!!

Well ive now seen the midwife who has told me that because i went from 3 cm to fully dilated in an hour it was too much for Finn who became shocked. She also thinks that because i slim that i have a small birth canal where he became stuck (why i couldnt push him out- until i was turned on my left) That made him more distressed. She also thinks that something similar happened with Belle as i was given an episiotomy with her after pushing for 1.5 hours and told i migh tear.
I had stated questioning Belle's birth after what happened- now for a midwife to as well it makes me even more convinced something happened with her too.

If i had known something similar happened with Belle i NEVER would of had Finn at home.

I feel so sick to think that i nearly killed my son and maybe even my daughter. Im still traumatised and am still very tearful about the whole thing. I dont know how long it will be until i start to feel "normal" again.

I guess i need to focus on Finn (and Belle) being here and being fit and well.

I will post a picture soon.

Good luck with your birth April - you ay already have your little man by now.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
OMG Emmie, I'm in tears after reading your birth story, I'm so so sorry it was so traumatic but so very pleased Finn is alright, now to get you back to normal Smile Bless you, what an awful experience thinking you had lost your son, I can't imagine how terrible that was for you...

On a brighter note, I love his name, I like Flynn for a boy, very similar Smile I hope you are coping alright and getting back to normal now...

April, I hope you have had your little man now too...

I have had more issues since having Ffion, just finished my second lot of anti-biotics as I developed an infection behind my nipple following the mastitis, still combination feeding, although I think the little madam is developing 'teat' preference and opposed to 'nipple' preference!!! Shes 6 old weeks, where has the time gone.... xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Poor you Poppytots. That sounds like its been very painful, i hope i never get mastitis.

It was a very traumatic experience, something i NEVER want to go through again. Id never wish it upon anyone to have to experience it.

I got to see midwife again on monday, it wasnt my actual one as shes on holiday, but the midwife knew all about it as was just starting her shift when my midwife got back to the office after Finn was born. My midwife was really upset by the whole thing.
My husband gave the midwife a lift back from the hospital (he arrived with Belle after Finn as born) he asked her if my birth was one of the scariest shed done and she said yes!

My actual midwife is back at work nxt Thursday and is going to phone me to arrange a date to come and see me and go over my birth notes. Hopefully wjen i know what happened, times, who people were then that will give me the closure i need.

I REALLY want to thank the paramedics who helped me as they were SO nice. I went to the local ambulance station the other day and they said they would pass my thank you card and chocolate on to them. I left it with them but id still like to go do it in person.

Finns first photo with slightly swollen and bruised head

Finn 10 days old with Big sister Belle.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
Aw what beautiful pictures Emmie, utterly gorgeous!!! How are you doing now?

All of my breast problems have now gone, but little madam has decided that she no longer wants it Sad I'm still offering it to her, on occasion she will have a feed but I'm lucky if its once a day... Things are starting to settle down now, routine wise, I'm not longer constantly feeding Ffion in the morning (which was very difficult!!) and getting out and about as I'm driving again xx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi poppytops and emmie im just on to update that I had my baby boy on the 01.11.13 10 days overdue! He was a whopping 8lb 12oz and was born at 7.43pm, we have called him kyle.
As for the birth I feel so lucky that it was perfect and the best I could possibly hope for.
On the 1st I woke up at 7.30am ish and went to the toilet to find some blood when I wiped, I had lost my plug on Tuesday or Wednesday so was a bit worried. Rang the hospital and they said come in and get checked out. Within an hour I started contracting about every 5 mins, so i got my son ready and off to his nanas and got to hospital about 9.30ish. When they examined me at 11.00 I was 4cm dilated and she said the blood was a bloody show. I was gobsmacked as the pain wasn't unbareable. So she got the doctor to put a canular in my hand (for drugs after the birth to stop me bleeding again) and told me to go get lunch and then make my way upto the delivery suit. So we got my bag out the car and went to find the canteen which was miles away and took us over an hour to get there and back with me bending over the window sill every few minutes and passes by asking if we needed help hahaha. So we got up to the delivery suit and I had an injection and was hooked up to the monitor machine. In between contractions I was sat down but when I got one I got up and held onto the machine which was making babies hb drop so I had to lay down. So I started on the gas and air and his hb returned to normal. I was then too relaxed and when they checked me again I hadn't dilated much more so I got on the ball and the contractions were coming stronger and getting unbearable so I had the epidural around 6ish and it took forever to kick in. Then when she examined me again I was 9.5cm and shortly after I started getting pressure with each pain and was soon needing to push. I was pushing around 10-15mintues and then my gorgeous little man was born. He came out crying but it wasn't very strong and he was a bit floppy so they took him for some oxygen and he then had a good cry and was given back to me 10 mins later. I have 2nd degree tears again right up to my clitoris despite the pushing being much more gentle this time. Everything was perfect and I got discharged the day after.
But then on Tuesday I opened my bowels for the first time and now have very severe piles outside my bum. I had to go to a and e at 3am today as the pain and swelling was unbearable, I have been given pain relief, laxatives and have to use ice to see if they go down. I think im going to have to have an operation to remove them though as they really are huge and still very painful, I cant sit down.
But kyle is doing great, breastfeeding hasn't worked out again though, he was latching on great but not getting enough nipple in his mouth so by the time he was 12 hours old my nipples were agony and I had to give him formula for 24hours until my milk came in and I've been expressing for him since and topping up with formula when needed. But now im on laxative and strong painkillers so I cant give him my breast milk.
The midwife has been out today and he has only lost a tiny bit of weight and now weighs 8lb 10.5oz. He is giving me sleepless nights but my partner is being great and taking him so I can nap in the day.
I hope your little ones are ok, emmie finn is gorgeous, im so sorry your birth was so traumatic I hope your recovering well. poppytops glad your feeling better, I cant believe ffion is 7 weeks old already that has gone so fast. ill come on again when I get the time xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
HUGE congratulations April!! I'm glad you had the labour you hoped for, I hope the piles go down quickly, I sympathise, I suffer with them too, they are most uncomfortable Sad

Don't worry about the breastfeeding, baby will be fed whatever happens and although its disappointing, I'm actually finding bottle feeding a lot more manageable than breastfeeding (don't tell the midwives Laughing Laughing ), Ffion managed to breastfeed for 15 mins today (she wouldnt take any yesterday) but was so unsettled afterwards and sicked a bit up... I'm still offering it to her but tbh, I'm not offering it as much now and it gets us both worked up if she doesnt take it.

Hope you are both doing well with your new babies, we went to baby massage today, Ffion was the youngest there and she wee'd everywhere Laughing xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular