October 2013 mummies.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I used them to check my HCG level was rising in the first few weeks. I know exactly when I conceived and I mean exactly to the closest day or 2. I used the first when I was between 4-5 weeks and the second the following week and each test gave me the right answer so it might be worth it in the interim?xxx

Tashuur
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Sent the OH to get one & it said 'pregnant 2-3' according to the accompying pamphlet I'm around 4-5 weeks - just as I thought. So deffo a October mummy & deffo not going to Jamaica Sad gutted!!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Oh no hun so sorry you cant go xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Aw that a shame Sad At least you know now though, and hey, you get to have a little baby out of it Wink and you can always take baby to Jamaica afterwards and have a big family holiday :DDoes your aunty live out there or is she travelling there for the wedding? xx

Tashuur
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Yeah true. We're all travelling out there the same time. My grandad lives there, would have been nice to see him as he's not met my daughter yet Sad oh well. Not much I can do about it I suppose.
How are you all doing today?
I'm at work & I totally wish I could go home to bed!! So tired its untrue!! Sad
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am 
Post subject:
Its my day off today, so at home, just donated our old sofa to charity so a local collection service has just picked it up Very Happy Tidying the house as we havent long moved in so not found places for everything yet, which is a nightmare, clutter everywhere!!!

I'm not so tired today and managing some cleaning which is good as hubby is hopeless unless I tell him exactly what to do, by the time I have done that I may as well have done it myself anyway Rolling Eyes

xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
I did a post earlier n my mobile bu it hast seemed to appear. Sad

Sorry about your holiday Tashuur. Do u think u will be able to get your money back for your tickets? Or maybe sell them to a family member who hasnt got theres yet?

Poppytots i know exactly what you mean about the cleaning Laughing men are just not as good.
Also how very spooky about your friend!

Ive got Belle's cold s we have had a day of snuggling on the sofa. I expect hubby will come home and be like "why havent you gone out today and got some exercise!" even though when hes ill he spends the day in bed! I might go kick a bal in the garden with Belle in a bit that way can say i have been out Laughing

I cancelled my Dentist appointment yesterday as Belle was ill. Hopefully if i book it again for a few weeks time then i will be further along and hopefully they wont charge me.

We have Chloe for a girls name, although Belle has told me today if she has a sister its to be called "Girl" Laughing and for a boy she wants "Baby Jake" Laughing Shes still telling me she wants a baby brother Rolling Eyes

Tashuur
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
No, non refundable deposit & they won't allow me to change names on the booking. The only thing they've said I can do is change the date of departure.
I'm so gutted about it Sad my mom is so gutted.. It's upsetting Sad
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Ugh, Tashuur, that sucks!!! Can you change it to any date? Is so you could arrange to go over after the baby is born and make a family visit to see your Grandad, I bet he would love that Smile

Emmie, I havent left the house either today Laughing I hope you feel better tomorrow, it sucks being ill when your preggo Sad Chloe is a lovely name, really pretty ans girly, baby Jake has a certain ring to it too Laughing

Can anyone remember when we get our maternity exemption cards? is it before 12 weeks?xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
feeling much better today thanx. Im not sure if i shall be going out today though its SOOOO windy here (i live right on the coast in a fishing village) The sound of the wind kept us up all last night too! The waves the sea is throwing up are huge and scary looking.

Poppytots I thought we got r cards when we go for r booking in appointment but maybe im wrong. I know its b4 25 weeks coz the cards say if u have a m/c b4 25 weeks you have to give the card back.

Hope you can re book your tickets for a later date Tashuur. I bet your grandad would love to see baby, or maybe go earlier b4 due date with your daughter that way you wont have to travel with a new born (something i think id never be brave enough to do )

I found another Oct Mummy Yeah , ive told her to come join us.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
just did a quick google on NHS cards.

Cant find the date you get give them. It says midwife or dr has to fill some of it in and then they get sent off. The card is valid from 1 month before the card is recived ( if that makes sense) so if we get the card filled out at 12 week then it was valid from when we were 8 weeks, I think - Im Gonna put my dentist off for a bit then Laughing

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
I think something is wrong Crying or Very sad

I just cant seem to shake off this feeling that there is something wrong with baby.

1st. I dont have very strong symptoms at all. - ive read if u have morning sickness you are less likely to have a m/c.
2nd. I think i may have had a bit of pink discharge last night- i say might as ive not had it since and it was only on one wipe (i did loads after) It was very dark and only had the light on the mirror on. It could have easily been that the paper was a bit see threw and i was actually seeing me finger or something. (well thats what im telling myself)
3rd. I just feel like i did when pg with Belle (happy all the time)- my be coz ive worked myself up so much. Belle actually asked my where my smiley face has gone today? Crying or Very sad

Then things happen that make me feel like i still am.

Ive just made cakes with Belle and all i could smell was peanut butter, even though they had no peanut butter in them. Then when i tried one it made me feel sick.

Im feeling the odd stomach cramp like i did with Belle where everything is growing. Im also deffo getting fatter and my boobs have started to fill out (and my nipples- Shocked well they r looking very perky Laughing )

I wish i kept a pregnancy diary now when i was pg with Belle to compare how im feeling. I know i had hardly any symptoms with Belle apart from feeling a bit faint in the morning. This time around ive only felt it once (Tuesday am) , this time around though im not working long hours or having to get up very early- hubby gets Belle up and ready so i can stay in bed until 8:30 (lucky me) so when i do get up i feel very refreshed.

Anyone else as paranoid? Or am i just over thinking everything?
If i phoned my Dr would he just tell me to "get a grip" ?

If i could afford it id do a private scan but here they are £100. Its a lot to pay especially if the end result is bad.

Tashuur
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
I think your just over thinking things. If your really getting worked up maybe you could book a private scan to give you reassurance??
I'm sure everything is okay.
I haven't got morning sickness. My nipples were really sore last week but they are okay now.
I just feel really tired all the time & I get the odd crampy pain in my tum now & then.
I've been told today at work that I'm not able to work with X-ray. I work as a theatre nurse & X-ray is used for some cases. So today I've had to myself useful elsewhere. Sad
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Aw Emmie, don't worry hun, we all go through this feeling off doubt and worry, its only natural. Not everyone has symptoms, I know plenty of friends who had no signs at all except a positive test. All of my Moms pregnancies were totally different (she has three children) and tbh most people find their pregnancies are different so don't worry Smile

Its only natural to worry xx

Thanks for the info on the NHS cards too Very Happy

Tashuur, sorry to hear you cant do your usual job, better to be safe than sorry though Very Happy Being a theatre nurse must be quite stressful, you must be used to it now though Smile

I'm proper hormonal today, snapped at a guy at work who annoys me, I think they might have guessed I'm pregnant, I'm all over the place, and my tummy has swollen and boobs are huge!!! Everyone is lovely in my office though and wouldn't ask until I tell them which is nice, I want to keep it to myself for as long as possible, it our little secret which I like being kept for the moment Very Happy

I'm glad its the weekend now, Just collected my Avon books up so relaxing and visiting family over the weekend now, whats everyone else up to?xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am 
Post subject:
Thank you both for the reassurance. I think im just over thinking everything. (i hope)

Tash thats a shame you cant do your job, hope you find something as interesting to do there. Is it just when they use Xray you cant do your job or are they asking you to not go into theatre at all?

My symptoms have come back with avengeance today! I really should NOT say when they go off again Laughing

What have you all got planned for the weekend? Ive got some much needed shopping t catc up on after not going out last week. - its my friends sons christening on Sunday and so i need to get a card and a gift for him then send it off in the post, ive told her it will be late coming.
Belle has told me this morning she wants to got to the soft play area 2day so we are off out in a bit. Im glad its hubbys day off so he can run around with her while i sit and watch.

Poppytots. You made me laugh about snapping at a guy you work with Laughing Its nice they r not asking you if your pregnant. It would be funny though if they do as and you coud look all upset and say No im just getting a bit fat Laughing there faces would be great. Very Happy
I remember telling everyone at work when i was pg with Belle after the scan and they were all like "i knew you were"

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular