October 2013 mummies.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Kittiekat, I am so very sorry to hear of your MMC… What an absolute nightmare! I cant believe they couldn’t confirm things for you straight away, what a stressful time for you all… Sending you lots of love and hugs….. xxxx

Maiyamummy, congratulations (again!) and welcome to October Mummies!!

nds congratulations also!!! My sister was 17 when she got pregnant and 18 when she had her DS, she has just had her second at 22 and is married with a mortgage job etc, I know a lot of people frown on younger moms but if you go into it with your eyes wide open, can afford to look after a child and yourselves then I don’t see the problem, it only gets on my nerves when people have children for the sake of benefits/to keep their man etc etc but people do that at any age, not just youngsters! You don’t need to eat any extra at the moment, just a healthy diet is fine, I think you only need something like an extra 200 cals in your third trimester but don’t quote me on that!!!

I have been super poorly this week and had to cancel my booking appointment Emmie  Only just starting to feel myself, had a nasty virus which hubby caught too!

I have my scan tomorrow, I’m freaking out about it, I just need to know now, but have almost convinced myself that I there wont be anything there… I cant even think about it atm as I’m so worried!

Just a short post sorry to all those I haven’t replied to properly, still feeling very rough xxxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi dlovebabiest congratulations and welcome. I will be nice for you to have a baby b4 your first wedding anniversary.

Poppytots, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. If you have what i had i hope you get better faster than me im on my 3rd week now of not being 100%
How did your scan go, very excited for you. Like you i am also setting myself up to be let down. I did this with Belle (but had had bleeding at 12 weeks) i feel like if im ready for bad news then that way it might be easier to take.

I told some friends this weekend. They came down on holiday with another couple who know im pg (shes on ask baby also) I told the coz i was feeling so tired and wanted the to now why, it also aloud me to talk about it and not have to whisper about it behind their back.

Ive got so big now that i dont fit in my normal clothes. Ive actually had to start wearing maternity jeans Shocked think its mainly bloating as im much bigger in the evening.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, had my scan and baby was happily kicking the bejesus out of my insides! Very mixed emotions following our loss last year but its positive news at least!

Got my ticker now, officially!!! My due date is 24th Sept now, they have put me forward 1 whole week so I am no longer an October mummy but please can I stay...?

Emmie, the bloating will most likely subside as mine did so don't fret Very Happy Although eventually you will be back in the maternity wear!!xxx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 am 
Post subject:
Yay poppytots I'm so happy for you and yes plz still stay an Oct mummy. Sept mummys are not very active this yr. Can't believe they have put u a whole week ahead! They may change your dates again at 20 weeks, my friends changed by 1 day!
With Belle they put me 4 days earlier but I still went by my dates, Belle was born b4 both dates anyway.

I'm still waiting for my date to be posted to me. Hope its not long now.

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Yay for your scan poppytops, im glad it all went well. I cant believe they put you a whole week infront that is a lot, was your first daughter big on her scans? I think they put me forward two days with kayne.

Emmie I know what you mean about bloating im living in leggins, my jeans and trousers are sooo tight.

Congrats dlovebabies glad your scan went well.

I only rang my midwife yesterday as I didn't want to book in early, that was a mistake, they cant see me for the booking appointment untill 5th april when ill be 11weeks 2 days and they then send off for a scan after that so im not sure ill get a scan in time for the downs syndrome test but she did say on the phone that they might ask to squeeze me in while im there. Fingers crossed.
Xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
Just had a call from the midwife and they've had a cancellation for sunday so im having my booking in appt then, yay. It gives them a couple weeks to sort a scan appointment out now Very Happy

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Yay April, gad she can squeeze you in. I didn't realise you could get appointments on a Sunday. Im guessing you are gong to te hospital and not a Drs surgery for it though.

I got my date for my scan today Yeah its on Monday the 8th April at 11:00.
Means hubby will have to have the morning off work as the hospital is about 45 mins away so there is no pint in him going into work for 9 then coming back half hour later to collect me so we can go.

Poppytots can you remember how long your appointment took?

Also on my letter it says if i want photos i can ONLY have 2! and will HAVE to pay £5. At my last hospital you got loads of photos and it was a donation. I think we got 7 for £5.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi April, my daughter didnt measure big on the scans, she measured what I expected, but started to measure big on the fundus (??) measurements at around 28 weeks, she was off the scale which was alarming to say the least!! I having growth scans with this one though as I couldnt bring my daughter, she was born by emergency section.

Emmie, so pleased to hear you have your scan date through, not too long to wait now, yay!! At our scan you could have 1 pic for £5 or 3 for £10, we got 4 but paid £10 Very Happy

Still haven't had my booking appointment, midwife was supposed to come around today but she turned up looking very stressed saying she had an emergency, some blood in the can to rush to hospital, I told her to go straight away, why she came round I don't know, crazy lady!!! So I have my booking Say at 9am, bleugh!!

We are having a new kitchen next week which is so exciting, CAN NOT wait until I have a dishwasher, yay!!!xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi emmie, yes the appointments at the hospital, for some reason my midwife doesnt do the first appointment at the drs, glad you got your scan date its not long at all now. At my hospital you have to pay £5 too but I think you get about 4 pics for that.

Hi poppytops, its good there doing extra scans to keep an eye on you, maybe you just ovd really early and thats why they've put you ahead. Thats strange how you've not seen your mw yet in my area you have to see the mw then they send off for a scan. We recently got a dishwasher and it has been a godsend these last few weeks.

Well I had some bleeding last night after sex, it seems to have gone this morning though so im praying baby is still ok.I have left a message with my doctor and she will hopefully get me a scan for next week. I just dont know what im supposed to do, I mean I cant just not have sex for the next 31weeks, weve only had sex a handful of times since we found out im pg and weve been taking things gently, when I was pg with kayne though we just had sex like normal, even rough sex and I had no bleeding. Im wondering if my cervix is damaged somehow and thats why I had the 2 mc. Xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
Well ive just been for my booking appointment as my midwife rang and said there super buisy sunday so could we go in today. Ive also got my scan appointment through the post today for the 15th, my gp must have sent the request off as my midwife said she hadnt done it. Ive still not heard from the epu though but had any more bleeding either. Xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Just had a call from the epu and they've booked me in for wednesday for a scan, im keeping everything crossed. She said no sex untill my 12 week scan x

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
I was just going to suggest no sex until 12 weeks April, ive read it in my book that some people have a small bleed after so are advised to not have sex until after 12 weeks.

Poopytots do you have your new date yet for your booking in? (sorry if you have said and ive missed it)

April how did you get on with your booking in today? Was nice they rang you to let you know you can have it today.

My bloating has started to go down now so i no longer look like im 5 months pg. Laughing

I told my mum the yesterday over skype, she was saying "maybe you will have another baby soon" so i told her, i also told her not to tell anyone, then my brother came into the room as he must have been lurking around somewhere so he knows (he found out with Belle at 6 weeks so i know he wont tell) Then my dad came home from work while we were still on Skype and said "are you going to tell him then or can i" Mad i was like well ummm. mum then told dad Rolling Eyes she then asked if she could tell my nan! I wish i hadnt said anything now! I told her not to tell ANYONE else as i want to do it. Im guessing she told my sister as she also lives at home with them as well and mum would think its "unfair" for her not to know.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi April, sorry to hear of the bleed, I'm sure everything is ok though, its probably from all the nooky Wink I've not have sex since we found out I was pregnant as I was being over cautious, I was stressed and worried anyway so didnt feel like it Laughing All the best with your scan though, its reassurance at least, will they be using it as your dating scan?

Emmie, oh dear Rolling Eyes My mother in law kept calling up to ask if we were telling anyone yet, the whole reason we weren't was because of our loss last year and we weren't happy with people knowing about the pregnancy before having had the scan. I found it quite insensitive of her really as she knew why but she was just excited so I cant hold a grudge really Very Happy Its not long until your scan though, I wanted to tell people myself too, and I was grateful that my Mom didnt let the cat out of the bag, its just their excitement, tell her ow you feel and perhaps the penny will drop for her...

Well, all of my family know and a few friends know about the pregnancy now, telling a few more friends tomorrow. Its finally starting to sink in now and I'm beginning to feel excited and starting to plan. I think I'm starting to show a little bit now too Very Happy

My kitchen is in full swing, its still functional at the moment, hubby is in there now with the polyfiller Laughing Just a few more things to purchase before we have everything, can't wait to have it done!!

Whats everyone doing for Easter? We wont be going anywhere, finishing the kitchen and enjoying I think, could do with a break and just chilling out xxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:32 am 
Post subject:
The booking in went fine thanks emmie just the usual form filling and bloods taken. Im hoping they dont tell me I cant have sex untill babies born, I do have quite a high sex drive but we will just have to find other ways Embarassed

We still havnt told anyone but ohs brother has been round this morning and my bounty pack was on the window, im not sure if he noticed or not though. When I had my second mc my mum knew I was pg, she just asked me outright infront of my uncle and then she went and told my gran and auntie so a lot of people knew when I didn't want them too, this time im avoiding my mum as much as I can haha.

Poppytops no this wont be my dating scan as im having it at the epu at the city hospital and my normal 12 and 20 week scans are done at a closer midwife led hospital, plus ill only be 10weeks on wednesday and you need to be 11+2 for the downsyndrome testing. Im looking forward to seeing a baby this time though as on my last scan it was just a blob.
Were doing a hunt around the house and making some nests for easter, I cant wait I love celebrations. Xxx

dlovebabiest
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 am 
Post subject:
Hey ladies, it is so nice to have people go through this journey with me. I don't think I could have done it without you ladies. I will sure keep everyone posted and I hope to keep following everyone's journey. An update on me I had my follow up appointment today and it went well still couldn't hear babies heartbeat with the Doppler yet because I am still early but I'm glad I got to listen to it during my scan. Next appointment for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2013 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to:  

Community

Popular