Teebs

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:17 am 
Post subject: Teebs
Been checking on here and ivf thread for an update. Hope everything went well yesterday. Have a brilliant holiday xx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun sorry I didnt get chance to update before I went well app went on forever we have good and bad news
Good is thay we get 2 attempts at ivf!!!! And 2 fet if we get enough eggs bad is my amh is 'quite low' but afc count is good we will be doing long protocol
Bad is that we cabt start until they have fully checked my uterus as they may need to operate if its worse than they think I will prob have to wait 6 weeks for that and depending on results we can either start ivf sraight away or waiy for an op
Depending on results depends om if any how many can go back
Been a little down but oh been very positive and just cant wait to start
Holiday been great after a few issues getting here
Will update better when I am home
Hope you are ok xxx
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Terri, whats wrong with your womb? What was you amh level? x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Are they saying they think you may have a septate uterus Teebs ? Surely that should have been picked up on previous scans Question
I hope you don't have to wait for an op, but if there is some sort of septum it could explain your trouble conceiving Question It's good that they feel that any problems are treatable anyway and FX you can start soon :)They have some really good docs at St Mary's as its a teaching hospital so if you do need an Op it's a good place to be treated Smile
Docs opnions on the relevance of AMH varies and some women do surprisingly well with IVF even with AMH levels of less than one Question , and if you had a good AFC then you're chances of responding well are supposed to be good aren't they , and two full cycles and 2 FET's is fantastic Very Happy
xxx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:14 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah nat they think it may be a septate uterus, because my hospital said it was bicornate and then their scan results said 'acute uterus' they want to check it by camera as there may be skin meaning it could be completely blocked off so depending on the results depend on what the next step is!

If its ok and only slight then we can start IVF that month (if a 'slot' is available) and we will if we are lucky enough to start and the results are ok we can then have 2 back as if I have a bicornate we can only have 1 back (thats if any fertilise)

If the results show that there is skin complately covering like a wall then I will need an op to rectify it.

I was a little disappointed after the consultation but only because I had asked my local hospital on 2 sperate occasions if this needed to be checked further (only because my friend had exactly the same thing years ago and had an op to rectify it then) both times they said it wasnt needed and then they 'forgot' to send the referral to Mnachester for IVF meaning we are now 6 months behind what we could be maybe even a year if I have to have an op to rectify it, I think I just feel that there are so many things against us Question

I am happy with the way manchester have been and have some good news while I was away an appointment came through for the procedure its the 28th Feb!!! so I dont have long to wait, I need everyone to pray that its only a slight dip so we could possibly be starting March if thats ok and there is space available!!

How is everyone else?

xxx
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hey claire

They didnt tell me what it was but I just got a copy of our IVF referral acceptance letter that has been sent to my gp it was 9.6 as it said it on there Confused

I think that is pretty low? I am trying not to google too much as I dont need any more things against us at the min

How are you? xxx

nutty1 wrote:
Hey Terri, whats wrong with your womb? What was you amh level? x

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think thats anything to worry about at all, such a shame that your womb wasnt looked at more closely sooner. Must be annoying having another delay but its good youve already got a date thatll be here before you know it then its all go Very Happy
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Annoying but also good that it's been spotted. If it is blocked off, you could conceive naturally really easy when it's been rectified. If not, then not long till you start ivf!
I am still amazed at how quick I actually conceived after all my endo treatment. Think was my 3rd cycle after finishing the treatment. Felt so good to know the problem had healed correctly, after so many years of struggling.

Will keep looking out for your posts.

xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Only just seen this Teebs ,I hope it is only a slight dip and you can get started straight away, but try not to be down hearted if you do need treatment as it could mean you could conceive in the future without needing IVF , in a way if it is septate and they operate it could be a blessing in disguise Question As Heath said you might find that was the only problem Smile .
Did they say if they would do IVF soon after the Op if you did need it or would they want you to wait a while to see if you conceive Question
Did you not have a hycosy ? You would think a septum would have shown on that Question xx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies

Yeah I have had a hycosy nat and thats when the 'bicornate' was picked up.

The consultant at St Marys said they just wanted to see how bad the dip was as if it was a definate bicornate only 1 could be transferred (if we are even that lucky to get any) as 2 would be a definate no with a bicornate.

She said that a camera would show them exactly what it was and once the results are in we can start IVF straight away unless it needs operating on.

I think from what she was trying to say is that one place has said bicornate and one has said arcuate they want to see what they are dealing with before we start treatment

Basically when we get the results if its only a slight dip we can start straight away and we can (if lucky enough) get the choice of 1 or 2 to be put back.

If its bicornate then only 1 will be allowed and if its worse than that I will have to have an op to rectifiy it

she never really mentioned about us not having treatment if anything said we would def be starting once this has been checked Confused

I am just a little disappointed as I asked them twice to check this further, if this has been the problem all along of course I would feel happy that it is something and something that could be rectified but I would feel so deflated that it wasnt checked over 2 years ago when it was first picked up

I know I cant keep looking back and saying if only but I think I would feel pretty annoyed to get to the 4 year mark knowing that its something that could have been rectified 2 years ago, but I am not thinking like that at the moment I am just praying that its all ok and we can start IVF in the next few weeks!!!!! Smile

I have put on a few pounds being away on hols and again at the weekend a boozy 30th celebration in edinburgh so I am back to it now.

WW weigh in on thursday Shocked dreading it but I am back to it, started the 30 day shred last night and have been very good so gives me at least 6-8 weeks to get my weight back down.
I think because treatment is so near I am so determined to get fit and healthy for it and knowing I only have that short time I am really going to go for it and get to the best I can for it.

does anyone know if I am on AF would that affect the Hysteroscopy as I may have to delay it as I think its going to be due around that time Rolling Eyes always something Laughing

How is everyone doing?

Claire I was trying to catch up on the IVF thread I cant believe what I have read about your FET's? I would be really really annoyed.. really hope that you get something sorted!

Nat how are you getting along?

Heather - have you had your 20 week scan yet? sorry cant see your ticker and knew it was soon

Susanjosh - twinnie how are you? xxx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Can fully understand you'd be annoyed, I'm pretty sure you'll get your BFP in the next few months either way though. Yeah had my 20 week scan a few weeks ago, am 23 weeks now. Weird to think that that was the last one, and next time we see little one will be on the outside world. Starting to have a big sort out of the house now ready, as don't want to be leaving it too late.

Keep us updated xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular