Not TTC but want to TTC

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject: Not TTC but want to TTC
I'm having a bit of a battle with myself!!! I don't want to TTC as I can't go through the ups and downs, I'm past my mid 30's but was in mothercare today and saw all newborn stuff and maternity clothes and got all broody.
My DH wants me to have another but I just cant put myself through it but sort of do! I feel like I'm contradicting myself as my head says one thing and my heart another!!

Aarghhh!! Pointless post but needed to write it down to get it off my chest.

No response necessary !
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Id say try for a bit and see what happens. The worse thing to happen would be you get to an age where its to late and you regret the fact you didnt try. It is hard to keep going through but I dont think I could live with the alternative of not having tried everything I could.
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
It is very hard. I am lucky to have 4 healthy children but I find it so hard to cope with 4. It's non stop morning, noon and night. But whenever I come on here or I see my friends with their babies I feel broody. It's horrible. I know I will never be pregnant again. Yet I know each month when I ovulate. Plus my oh had the snip in November.
I would just see how it goes.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 am 
Post subject:
In head /heart battles I always go with heart Smile
I think you can tell yourself all sorts of things with your head and rationalise why things aren't a good idea and you shouldn't try them but deep down if your heart wants something you can't ignore that for long Question
Could you not maybe just come off contraception but not "actively try" for want of a better phrase Question
I know that can be really hard to do, even after being told I couldn't get pregnant I still noticed ov and timed things a bit Rolling Eyes Laughing and had to give myself stern talkings to in the 2 weeks before AF every month
But maybe if you could and just left it up to fate it might make it easier to handle Question
One way i look at things as well is would I rather try and fail than not try Question , which would be harder to deal with long term and almost always its I'd rather try something and fail than not give it a shot Question , which is probably why after a few month out from TTC i'm back and trying something new again Embarassed Laughing
Definately an Arrrggghhh ! situation though as TTC is hard and its far too easy to get drawn back into all the testing and charting and timing and obsessing , good luck deciding xxx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
We've been using condoms but had an accident 10 days ago! Took at test yesterday as my boobs have been sore. As I never know where I am in my cycle. It came back BFN and I felt disappointed. So I think we are just not going to use any protection b ut not "actively TTC" and take the if it happens appriach.It's unlikely to happen quick if at all because I'm irregular and DH works away during the week.

Thanks ladies
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:07 am 
Post subject:
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed that the test was a bit early still , if not then the not avoiding approach sounds like a good plan Very Happy xx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
you cold always not use the term. TTC and instead use "were not not trying" Laughing That way your not letting yourself be put threw it every month if that makes sense.

By not not trying you may feel more relaxed. The if it happens it will be a nice surprise.

Good luck.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
AF showed today which is good in a way because I've had 3 periods since October which is a first. I usually only manage one in 12 months.
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:53 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that, although regular cycles is good Smile The witch got me this morning as well Rolling Eyes I think I'll join you in the not Not trying approach this month Laughing as the actively trying was driving me nuts after one month of it Embarassed Laughing FX it works for you Smile xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, although regular cycles is good Smile The witch got me this morning as well Rolling Eyes I think I'll join you in the not Not trying approach this month Laughing as the actively trying was driving me nuts after one month of it Embarassed Laughing FX it works for you Smile xx

Lots of luck to you too Nat.
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Banoffee I know it's so hard isn't it! With TTC I'm on it or off it I don't do inbetweens even though I know a relaxed approach to the whole thing might be more helpful than my current anxious state. Good luck whatever u decide, I know for me I'm not ready to give up the possibility of having no. 2 just yet so will carry on with TTC even though it turns me into a monster most of the time x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular