worried it's the end of the line for us.

nikki238
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm 
Post subject: worried it's the end of the line for us.
After two years ttc and having a mc in dec, my doctor referred me to the hospital. We went for our appointment this morning. I'd already had my 21 day bloods done which were positive for ov. Today they took some swabs and did an internal scan. They said everything looked normal and healthy, no fibroids or cysts and my ovaries were healthy and had a good amount of follicles. We're still waiting for the results of oh semen analysis, he's convinced himself hes got a low sperm count. Got to go back and have cd 1-3 bloods done and a hycosy. Which I'm a bit nervous about incase its hurts! ! Anyway the point of my post is I'm worried that it's the end of ttc for us. Because whatever the results show we've been told that we'll have to pay for any further treatment because we already have a child. We have even got to pay see the consultant go and get our test results! ! there's no way we could afford any fertility treatment and even if all the tests come back normal, im nearly 40 and getting too old!! Feeling quite negative about it all, not really sure wbat I thought would happen but I thought we would have at least one shot of ivf or iui on the nhs. Sorry for rambling on hope it all makes sense! Ovulated yesterday so hoping foe a miracle. Xx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Ar hun try not to feel so down, its hard I know Crying or Very sad

My friends had their first child and when she was 6 months old started to try for their next it took them 3 years to concieve their second! They had all the tests and nothing was wrong, they gave up and accepeted that it wasnt going to happen and couldnt afford treatment and you guessed it BFP, they now have a lovely baby boy and have completed their family!

Never give up xxx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. I just worry because of my age. I have sort of come to terms with the fact that we might not have another one. Just wanted to have tryed all we could first so theres no regrets. We are lucky, at least we are blessed with
One amazing child. Hoping it'll happen when im not thinking about it! X
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sorry to hear that, I wasnt aware that if you have a child already, you won't get any fertility treatment, like you I thought you get one chance on the NHS and then you had to dip into your own pocket... I hope you get some positive results and it happens for you soon xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
I had my first child 13 years ago and conceived her after one time not using a condom. It took us 4 years 8 months (naturally) to conceive our little man and I remember hitting that 2 year mark thinking that's it game over. Don't give up hope.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject:
Nikki what exactly are they saying you'd have to pay for ?
Investigations such as the hycosy, bloods etc. are all available on the NHS for secondary infertility, your age shouldn't matter either Question
Even things to treat blocked tubes, or clomid etc. is also free, the only thing they wouldn't pay for when it comes to secondary infertility is IVF/IUI , which these days nowhere will fund for a couple who already have a child it seems Rolling Eyes , although at one time some areas would if only one partner had a child.
But anyway I had a reversal and have 2 children with my OH and had all my bloods, a HSG (similar to hycosy) two lap and dye tests and a lap with cannulation and hysteroscopy done all on the NHS , spread over 3 different hospitals in my area but 2 were outside my PCT and didn't have to pay for any of it Question
There's no way you should have to pay to get the results of investigations , my GP was very clear, investigations they will do, certain treatments they will do (I was told I could have clomid if my tube was clear ) but IUI or IVF they wouldn't do , but if all your results were normal anyway then there would be no reason to have IVF or IUI :)Good luck with the SA and the Hycosy xx
nikki238
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
We were told there was an additional blood test we could have if we wanted, which they would be able to find out more from, which would have to be paid for. Also any additional consultations would have to be paid for.

I'm wondering if we'll be able to get our test results from the sa and the hycosy without having to see the consultant? The consultant said that my age was against me because it makes the chances of of becoming pregnant lower. Probably try for another 12 months, not ready to give uo just yet. It was just a bit disheartening yesterday Sad
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nikki

I understand how you're feeling. I wasn't given very good news during my consultations and even started the ball rolling with IVF, but I conceived naturally at 39 (the month I started the treatment) and had my little one at 40. I'm contemplating trying for number 2, but really don't hold out much hope. Like you I'm wanting to at least try to do what I can and if it doesn't happen, then I'm going to be grateful for the little man I already have.

Keep your chin up and keep bd'ing, you never know that BFP might be around the corner....I'm proof of that Smile

xx
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 am 
Post subject:
I do feel quite hopeful that it'll happen naturally as I did get a bfp in Dec, which unfortunately ended in mc. But at least we know everythings working! And it hopefully just a matter of time. Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular