how long...?

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject: how long...?
can i expect to b sore for?? Holly is 9 days old now n while bleeding has lessened a lot im still sore if i dont take ibuprofen n cocodamol regularly! is this normal?? xx
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
I was sore for a good 6-8 weeks after having Flick.
I had a third degree tear and it was agony Sad

KathG
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm 
Post subject:
I was sore for a few weeks honey. Fingers crossed it settles soon. x

[/url]
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
It would depend on how your labour went ( tears, stitches,etc) I had a fairly easy going one and had no stitches and don't think I tore, it was just stingy as hell to pee lol and it was sore like that for about 3 weeks x

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
i had a second degree tear, tore in 2 places...labia and perinium? i pee hovering over the toilet Jenna cos it stings less haha Laughing Laughing well im glad its normal anyway! Smile xx
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 am 
Post subject:
Try adding lavender and tea tree oil to your bath and bathing 2 times a day in it if you can get the time.. I only had a second degree tear I beleive and was only ore for about 2-3 weeks as in couldnt sit down, I took arnica from birth too xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 am 
Post subject:
Mummy2Harry wrote:
i had a second degree tear, tore in 2 places...labia and perinium? i pee hovering over the toilet Jenna cos it stings less haha Laughing Laughing well im glad its normal anyway! Smile xx

I kept a skooshy bottle ( like a fruit shoot one for example) in the bathroom, even in the hospital, and when I went to pee I'd fill it with water and skoosh it on my bits while I peed which took away most of the pain lol x

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
I was sore sore for about 10 days, suppose it will be sore for as long as all the bruising takes to come out hun. I was actually in pain for about 3 weeks but it was managable pain, the worst part was the stitches as they started to dry up and dissolve (my pants would catch on them ouch!).....I found sitting in a nice hot bath helped lots, was having about 3 a day at one stage haha!

Like the girls say, it will also depend on whether you tore or were cut as a tear is worse.

xx
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 am 
Post subject:
I had a tear after my son and I was sore for about 4-5 weeks, but like Jenna I'd use something to pour warm water as I went to the loo which made it feel much better.

xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
4th degree tear, 80+stitches, and wasn't sore at all for the first ten days. Then I ACHED. For weeks! I think that sometimes the bruising is worse than the nerve damage, depending on the tear/labour. It can take a while to feel all normal there hun so don't worry - just take the pills you need to to be comfortable and rest while you can xxx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 am 
Post subject:
I was cut and was only really sore for about a week. Just felt bruised and I didnt want tight trousers on so wore loose joggers.

It must have healed quick as we were back to having sex within 3 weeks Embarassed

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
4th degree tear, 80+stitches, and wasn't sore at all for the first ten days. Then I ACHED. For weeks! I think that sometimes the bruising is worse than the nerve damage, depending on the tear/labour. It can take a while to feel all normal there hun so don't worry - just take the pills you need to to be comfortable and rest while you can xxx

ouch...u poor thing!
iv been midwife today and she said i should just do pelvic floor exercises and try and stop weeing when im having a wee lol, she said i wouldnt be able to do it but il be able to train myself to do it lol...anyway she checked my stitches and said all looks fine, no infection (which is what i was worried about) so will just keep up with the pain killers!
Thanks for all ur replies xx
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
Smile I was lucky really hun - nerve damage meant I didn't even know anything was wrong til the 5th consultant came in to peer down there! Very Happy I was just really happy to have baby! Very Happy It was only days later when the bruising around it all kicked in that I was uncomfy - just took paracetamol and sat gently! Smile

Best wishes and congrats on your beautiful new arrival! Smile xxx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular