i really want to dye my hair....

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 pm 
Post subject: i really want to dye my hair....
As its looking pretty bad - but im scared as i dyed my hair in my last pregnancy then a few days later lost my boy. It was probably never connected but i dont know.

Ive probably answered my own question but what would you do ?

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 pm 
Post subject:
Im pretty sure you dying your hair had nothing to do with what happend hun. I dyed mine at about 11wks and again abiut 30wks.
If you are truly worried though get it done at the hairdressers. They'll no better and im sure you deserve a pampering
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 pm 
Post subject:
I completely understand why you would feel this but the only issue with hair dye is that your hormones may make the colour go funny. (This is only if you bleach it). I dyed mine throughout xx
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun - I dyed minemy last pregnancy and will do again in this one, but if you are really worried, either talk to your hairdresser or even your MW and ask about it - or why not get a new cut and forget the colour, save it for a treat when baby is born? Smile xxx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies.....i know it was probably nothing to do with the dye i just worry lol. I'm sure if i did it would be ok. I think I'll just hold off a little longer....I'll see.

Mingo - i have some dodgy looking roots unfortunately take after my mum with the early grey hair thing. I'm having it cut Saturday as its usually all cut in at the back but at the moment it looks like a bob lol .

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Its a biit different but when my mum friends mum was ill in hospital she covered her roots in mascara because she couldnt dye her hair but hated seeing grey in it. I know it might sound strange but you could give it a go if your hair is dyed dark x
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
You can actually buy hair crayons if youre worried about dying your hair. If you got to amazon and type in 'hair crayons' they all come up , you can select a colour for your hair shade.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
The problem is woth your skin and hair changing due to hormones your scalp may be more sensitive and your hair may not take aswell (more resistant etc) if your worried though you can get semi permanent colours instead? Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular