How much do you/can we do?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 am 
Post subject: How much do you/can we do?
I'm wondering whether everyone else around me is being over cautious, or whether I'm naive and need to slow down a bit.

My parents got the keys to their new house on Friday and we're going round for a nosey later. I heard that my sister has been helping to clean the new house so I text my mum asking should I bring rubber gloves lol. She replied 'you're not cleaning!' Really?! Should I be taking it that easy. She also found out I was in the loft the other day and went mad. I wasn't lifting anything heavy, just having a bit of a sort out in preparation for the nursery. I thought I was being sensible doing it now rather than later on in pregnancy. I've also been told off in work for running down the stairs! And every time I drop something in work, someone rushes to pick it up for me.
If I genuinely feel like my body needs the rest then I do let it, but generally I'm just carrying on as normal. I've always been a very 'on the go' person. Just concerned, could I actually be doing my baby any harm?!

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 am 
Post subject:
i think you know realistically what you can and cant do just go with what you think xx
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Just enjoy being looked after, mind you I used to get very annoyed with people when i was pregnant with Ava and ended up doing more than normal to prove a point Laughing

I remember when i moved into my flat I bought a hoover from argos and carried it home (20 minute walk)when I was 35 weeks pregnant lol
Also used to jump fences on walks when I wanted to take a short cut right up until birth like I wasnt pregnant.. OH used to get so angry with me Laughing Embarassed xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 am 
Post subject:
I carried on as normal both times. Especially this time having a toddler in the house who wants picking up for cuddles, on the floor playing and the house needs cleaning on top of working 45 hour week.

If you feel like you need a rest then rest, if not, don't worry cos you will subconsciously regulate what you can / cannot do anyway

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 am 
Post subject:
I think its good to carry on as normal i am just on my way to the tip with two kids and a car full of rubbish but if i felt i couldnt do it i wouldnt
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with the other ladies, as long as you are only doing what you feel you can manage then there is nothing wrong with that. I was mowing the lawn and decorating the nursery at 38/40 weeks pregnant (almost in the hope that it would bring labour on) sadly, it did not Laughing Laughing I'm not even 7 weeks and so flippin' tired that I'm using this time to put my feet up xxx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
I mucked out my horse and walked the dog on the day I was induced with Izzy. I've been more tired this time round but still do lots!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular