Irritable uterus

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm 
Post subject: Irritable uterus
Does anyone or as anyone suffered? I've been told I've got one which is why I've been getting contractions for over a week. Any advice? Did I go into labour early? X

[/url]
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
No sorry I've no idea but someone on here did have an irritable uterus recently just cant remember who.

Try not to worry to much as you are nearly at 38 weeks which is pretty much full term. Hopefully you are not too uncomfortable.
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
I had one. Had my little girl at 39 + 1 but had contractions mildly for a week or 2 before

yorkie101
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun

After being rushed to delivery suite last wk with contractions, I have been told I have one. Been told there's a chance I could go into pre-term labour as been having BH since 25wks. xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am 
Post subject:
I had one last time I was pg (altho don't seem to have had issues this time so far). Last time I kept getting bleeds and they induced me on my due date (still didn't have him for another 4 days lol).

Some people have pre-term labour, some have bleeds, some are prone to extra pain and/or infections there is just no telling.

Try not to worry too much, the main thing is to try and not overtire yourself too much as apparantly that can make it worse.

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girl. I'm just 37 weeks today my ticker is slightly out. I've been having contractions for the last 2 weeks now. They last 4/5 hours and my bump goes solid and hurts with the slightest touch. I get vomiting and cold sweats as well. I had a uti last week which set it off but it's cleared and I'm still getting thm and the midwife said yesterday i have an irritable uterus. I'm not bothered about baby arriving tbh as I, desperate for her to come now. The 4/5 hours of contractions every night is so exhausting I just want them to turn into something. I'm off for a long walk now go try and evict! X

[/url]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 am 
Post subject:
I've had it a couple of times , a midwife told me some women are more prone,and there's a few things that can trigger it , first time was with my 3rd it was a shock as I never felt BH's with my first 2, but I had bouts of them so strong and regular and lasting so long I went to the hospital a few times thinking I was in labour Rolling Eyes she arrived 10 days early and that was considering my second baby was 4 weeks early with no warning signs beforehand Question
second time it happened was when I had PP and low amniotic fluid and the BH's did trigger some bleeding because of the PP in the last 2 months( only because of the PP and him being head down and putting pressure on the placenta with the contractions) so a couple of times they discussed delivering early but then they would settle again , and he was delivered by planned section at 37 weeks in the end,I'd had strong BH's from about 16 weeks
The third time was when my DD was breech (not that anyone realised at the time ) but she was breech and I had SPD and had BH's from about 15 weeks and bouts of them that were strong and painful and regular from about 20 weeks , but only went into spontaneous labour at 38 weeks , strangely with my last I didn't get the BH's as strong or as early and did have him early at 33 weeks Question
It's very frustrating though as they tend to start when you relax and are bl**dy painful despite what some people might say about BH's not being Rolling Eyes and I found I would end up feeling bruised and sore and they would last for hours and then just when I started to think this must be labour they would stop again Mad
They can be more painful than normal contractions because they're more like spasms than normal muscle contractions ,
They don't open your cervix though so walking around and trying to get things "moving" while you're getting them won't help, the best thing to do is try and relax instead so nice warm baths or trying to sleep to get the muscles to relax and stop spasming might help more xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular