I really need advice please

Tibby
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject: I really need advice please
Im 12 weeks (nearly) preg with baby number 2 I suffered a miscarrige in my first pregnancy then had a healthy baby boy (now 5) at 7-8 weeks I had one single episode of brown spotting on my undies, nothing when i wiped, and was mid undie line not at the very front but half way down.honestly I couldn't look at it and say for certain it was blood or not but I know it wasn't normal. I went to the hospital also had cramping in side they didn't do anything no bloods no scans nothing, they did a urine test n said possible urinary tract infection. Antibiotics for 3 days, was also dehydrated. I went back about 2 weeks later for cramping in side again and they did a very quick 30 second scan n said the heart was beating, another urine test when they didn't say anything about n bloods which they said were fine. I went to my normal gp who sent me for a urine test at 11ish weeks n came urinary tract infection, anti biotics again. N away I went now from what I read brown spotting can be a missed miscarrige ? But would I only spot once ? Should I worry?? I have my first antenatal app in 2 weeks! Help!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 am 
Post subject:
If you've seen a baby in the womb and a heartbeat at 10 weeks I would say everything is probably fine Smile
One sided pains can be normal from ligaments stretching sometimes it hurts more on one side than the other,or it can be from a urinary tract infection thats gone into the tube that leads to the kidney, but it can also be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy as can dark brown bleeding ( although some women have bright red bleeding with them as well ) chances are by the stage you're at that if there was the possiblity of an ectopic as well as a uterine pregnancy that you'd know about it by now though and it should be obvious on a scan so the odds are very good that the pains and spotting are all just normal pregnancy side effects , you can get private scans done fairly cheaply now if you're very concerned there's a problem and don't want to wait for your NHS scan , good luck with your appointment xx
sgate2345
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 pm 
Post subject: please help me :(
I have just found out I am pregnant unfortunately I don't know if it is my partners or a nother mans... I
Split up with my partner and started to see another man for a few months then we decided to get back together and
Give it another go as we love each other.. I last had sex with the man I was seeing on 19th January then
I had sex with my current partner on the 28th on January and every day after that the first day o my last period was 18th January I done a clear blue test on 21st of feb and
It said I conceived 2-3 weeks ago. is it my partners baby or is it the guys I was seeing for a few months, I was having sex with my partner round the time people would normally ovulate?? this is really getting me down and depressed please help
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject:
From what you've said it sounds very much like this is your partners baby.
The clearblue tests aren't 100% accurate but going off a result of 2-3 weeks on the 21st of feb then that would mean the earliest you conceived would have been around the 1st of feb Smile
Which would also fit with being around ovulation based on your last period being the 18th of January as you would have been on day 15 of your cycle around then .
As there's a difference of almost 2 weeks between the likely earliest conception date and when you last had sex with the other man , I'd say you can be fairly confident that this baby is your partners.
Sperm can last about 7 days max from when you last had sex so just going off the clearblue result the other man couldn't be the father.
A dating scan is more accurate though , once you have the number of weeks then you just count back to then and then add 14 days on to give you your conception date , if there's still any confusion then DNA testing is very simple and not that expensive anymore but you would have to wait until the baby is born xx
sgate2345
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for your reply I can stop getting stressed and enjoy my pregnancy now, thank you xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular