Concerns from 36 week appointment..

CassD6912
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 pm 
Post subject: Concerns from 36 week appointment..
I had my 36 week exam today and she did a cervix exam as well. She said I was almost 1 cm dilated and 40% effaced. I have been noticing that it is very common at 36 weeks to be like that. I was also wondering if having the cervix exam done can cause the mucus plug to dislodge and fall out? I have been noticing an increase in discharge but nothing "snotty" looking until I got home from my doctor's appointment. Is this normal? Can being that low in dilation and just losing a tiny piece of your mucus plug mean anything about labor coming soon or does it just depend on the person?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Depends on the person really some women go from looking "unfavourable" as a midwife would say to giving birth that night, others can be almost fully effaced and 2-3 cms for weeks with nothing happening Rolling Eyes Laughing , having an exam can make some of the plug come loose but it can replace itself ,so that can happen many times towards the end ,if its bloody rather than just "snotty " looking that can be an early labour sign as the tiny blood vessels can bleed as it pulls away from the membranes as you dilate , being 1 or even 2 cms is normal as well for some women towards the end of pregnancy just from the weight of baby's head , sometimes they can be like that for the last couple of months of a pregnancy .
I had my second very suddenly at 36 weeks though (no time for steroids or anything )and she was totally fine,never needed special care, and came home with me the next day , and from 37 weeks babies are considered full term so if you did go into labour soon then baby would be fine Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular