Should I just have a hospital birth

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Everyone said to me that water helps but for me personally when I was in labour with Ava midwife suggested I get in the bath to ease contactions so I had one and soon as I got in I wanted to get out Confused seemed to make them hurt more for some reason.

Well me and OH have had a talk and he has said he will take Ava to his dads and stay there for a day or so after the birth so me and baby get some alone time so i'm not so stressed anymore. If I have to be alone during labour then so be it.. will be my own fault for screaming. Hoping I wont scream but when the head comes down, for me that is torture.. perhaps if I didnt tear then it may feel different but everyone says you cant feel yourself tearing so maybe it will hurt that much regardless Question

Oh well, I shall worry about that part when it coes as its months away yet xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
The first time with the head coming down is horrible because its a huge shock and you've never felt anything like it before , I found it very overwhelming, it's normally about then that you decide maybe the baby can stay put Shocked Laughing , also your pelvis has to actually stretch and your tail bone needs to bend back which is something it won't ever have done before, and it can take a while from feeling the urge to push until the head actually starts to come out because you have to wait for everything to stretch ,second time round you don't tend to get the seperation in those stages the same because your body has done it before and I certainly remember being surprised how with my second as soon as I got the urge to push her head was right there Shocked Laughing the midwife could see it just by looking and literally 1 or 2 pushes later she was all out, with her body coming out in the same contraction as her head Shocked Laughing so it was nowhere near as bad as first time round with all that pressure there for ages Smile
You might well not tear second time a lot of women don't Question
The bath thing I totally know what you mean, I can't stand being confined in a bath with contractions myself, I'd get in hoping the water would ease things as it had with the BH's ,then get back out again almost straight away Laughing , in fact my DD had a bath at home before going in but said she couldn't settle because it made her uncomfortable and then had a water birth, but the pools not the same, a bath is hard and narrow so you can't move about and you're leaning back which can be really uncomfortable during contractions, the pools are soft and round so you can lean forwards onto the side instead, or squat or do whatever ever feels most comfortable Smile
I'm glad you and your OH came to an arrangement, you might find you labour at night though and Ava just wakes up in the morning to find her little sister there Smile xx
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh this is the thing, she may sleep through the night and then OH can take her away for a couple of days afterwards. I just really hope she does sleep through because usually she will wake if me and OH start having a conversation Rolling Eyes Laughing

Feeling alot more relaxed now about midwives now too as they have explained the midwives are the community ones so hopefully I will get to know them at some point during the pregnancy. Going to just relax and enjoy the pregnancy now. Thanks ladies.. I think I'd lose my mind if it wasnt for AB xx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Have you thought about having a doula at a homebirth, that way hubby could focus on Ava and the doula would be there to support you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular