Polycystic Ovaries after fertility treatment

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 pm 
Post subject: Polycystic Ovaries after fertility treatment
Anyone heard of this happening? Or had this happen?

Just had a copy of the latest letter that will be passed to my gp (after my latest scan and pipell) and it says 'both ovaries are polycystic' My ovaries were fine before fertility treatment :/. I cant find much on google, will I now have permanent polycystic ovaries or will they go? x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thats rely strange my friend has had 2 rounds and a fet and has changed clinics, now after numerous scans at the last clinic and all fine this new clinic scanned her and have said polysistic ovaries. Has it always been there or just occurred? She was borderline ohss on one round too, she doesnt have any signs like extra weight or hair or anything xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Nope theyve been perfectly fine before fertility treatment never had polycystic ovaries before in my life dont have any signs of it either. I did respond really well to the ivf and did have a mild case of ohss so perhaps theres a connection there and my ovaries are healing or something.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 am 
Post subject:
I think it can happen hun, but it should sort itself out within a couple of cycles. It's where you produced so many follies.

How is everything going for you? Are you set to go again soon by your ticker? xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 am 
Post subject:
Hey Vic long time no speak, yeh we're currently doing our 3rd treatment (2nd fet). Don't even feel like it will work any more just feel its something we should do whilst we have frozens there. How are you? Any plans to try again? x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Are you in the middle of the fet now? I see you have a scan tomorrow....is that to see if everything is ready to have them put back? I really hope it works this time, do you have many embies left? How are you coping with it all?

I've seen you answered my post in gen chat about ttc again lol it's so hard to know what to do for the best. I don't want to leave it too long in case we struggle again, but Sophie needs all my attention at the moment as she's not an easy baby at all. But to be honest I am totally happy with my lot now so if we did struggle I think I could call it a day at some point which I could never have done before Sophie.

xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh we're in the middle of it now, scan tomorrow is to see if lining is thick enough then I can start the cyclogest and we will be given a date for transfer. Should be no more than 2 weeks away now. We've got 7 frozen blastocysts left at the moment but the trouble is they're froze as a 4 and 3 so at most we have this go and 1 more left, whats more they haven't labelled the 2 remaining batches so we and they have no idea what batch they'll be taking out of storage :/ Would be so nice to think that it could work and we could have a baby this year. A girl can dream lol! Im okay I guess the medication Im on just makes me feel so miserable and its just not like me.

I say get going and have another Laughing Cant be that much harder with another little one hehehe xx
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:26 am 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
Yeh we're in the middle of it now, scan tomorrow is to see if lining is thick enough then I can start the cyclogest and we will be given a date for transfer. Should be no more than 2 weeks away now. We've got 7 frozen blastocysts left at the moment but the trouble is they're froze as a 4 and 3 so at most we have this go and 1 more left, whats more they haven't labelled the 2 remaining batches so we and they have no idea what batch they'll be taking out of storage :/ Would be so nice to think that it could work and we could have a baby this year. A girl can dream lol! Im okay I guess the medication Im on just makes me feel so miserable and its just not like me.

I say get going and have another Laughing Cant be that much harder with another little one hehehe xx
#

good luck woth your scan hun.xxxx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 am 
Post subject:
Oh that's not good! I thought they had to be meticulous in labelling everything?! That's fab they are all blasts though, very good going Smile
How did the scan go? xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Scan went really well, lining was all good. Transfer is booked for 20th Feb Very Happy
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Fantastic Very Happy Will keep everything crossed for you!! xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:47 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry about it Claire, Ovaries can be polycystic which means you have over 10 cysts on each, but you might never have any problems from it and have regular periods etc. Its only when you have the PCOS which is the syndrome or if your periods are not regular that ttc is then affected. You could just have left over cysts from the treatment - those that were tiny when you had ur egg collection so they didn't bother with them as the eggs wouldn't have been mature maybe??? If you start to have a longer cycle then it is affecting you but you can do things to try and shorten them again. It won't effect ur IVF other than make you respond better and be at risk for OHSS.
Wow, can't believe ur going to be having your collection soon - yay!! Lots of luck to you hun x x x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular