what was your baby eating at 9.5 months....

kelchatters
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject: what was your baby eating at 9.5 months....
Hiya,

Just out of intrest really what were you bubbas eating at 9.5 months.

Max has been a pretty good eater, however the last week gone off his food, think he has two top teeth on the way, but also think he is getting fed up being spoon fed. He has toast, cheese chunks, cucumber, pitta bread but any ideas what else he could have?? I made homemade chicken goujons the other night thinking he would love them and he wouldn't try them at all. Not sure if it's the texture???

I feel like I am giving him the same old thing....

xxxxxx
KathG
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm 
Post subject:
What about some carrot sticks, some ripe banana chunks, bread sticks. I gave my LO some homemade pizza and some boilded potatoes to eat with is hands at that age. But he was a good eater and not sure if all babies would manage that so young (not trying to imply he is majorly advanced or anything the boy just loves food lol). I am sure you will know if you LO will manage that too. You can also get organix carrot or sweetcorn ring crisps which are good finger foods for a snack when your out and about. My LO is 11 months now and I give him most things I am eating yesterday he ate a cheese sandwich. Steamed veg is also good for giving them to eat with there hands.

[/url]
kelchatters
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Thank you, I might try some homemade pizza for lunch and see how he gets on with that!! I find it difficult to gauge his appetite really, sometimes I think he is happy to have a bigger main course and skip yogurt/rice pudding after!

He won't eat fruit in chunks, just strawberries, the rest only in puree form in a yogurt! Hopefully he gets a bit better in time with fruit!

xxxx
KathG
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
oh just thought you could try him with a fish finger to hold in his hand. You could home make it so you know whats in it. I have given Callum frozen ones now and again (not ideal I know but might be an option if he wont let you spoon feed him) Smile

[/url]
kelchatters
Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Thank you, I will try them! think he would like to hold them himself.

I took him to docs yesterday though and he has a sore throat so explains why he has been off food this week, poor thing. Yesterday had 3 bottles plus water but ate zero all day... Seems a bit better today!

He has been funny with lumps in food all week, so hoping it's just a phase!

xxxx
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
My son is 9months shortly and he has anything we do and has done since 6 months. So he will sit down and have curry, pasta, stir fry, roast dinners, fish pie, I could go on! But in terms of finger food he has, all types of fruit, crackers and cheese, veg sticks, sandwich soldiers (tuna,cheese,jam) fish fingers, raisin toast, chicken strips, pork strips, cucumber, tomatoes, chips and wedges (homemade) pancakes (sweet and savoury) I did baby led weaning with my son and he is a much less fussy eater than my daughter who we didn't give food to try herself early on, keep perservering though and don't make it a big deal if they don't eat what you want them too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular