Metformin?

WishingandHoping
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 pm 
Post subject: Metformin?
I just got back from my doctor, this will be my 12th cycle TTC. She has prescribed me metformin for now, and also told me to make another appointment with a different doctor for further testing.

What should I know about Metformin? Bad side effects? Any success stories? Any tips? Thanks!
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
I know they say to take metformin when you eat but that makes me sick. A friend who is also on it told me to take it 30 minutes to an hour after eating and it hasn't made my stomach queasy since. The 1st three days you are on it be prepared to live in the bathroom. It takes your body awhile to adjust to it.
WishingandHoping
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Be prepared to live in in the bathroom because of the diarrhea? or vomiting?
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Diarrhea even though I did feel like I was going to throw up. But I was also taking it with a meal instead of after at that time.
WishingandHoping
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
I am assuming it wasn't successful for you? Do you know why you were prescribed it and do you know about any stories of people it worked for?
mummy2ollie
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun with my son i was perscribed metformin and it took 7 months to concieve it does work for some people i felt really sick for at least 2 weeks but it wasnt contant it came in waves but i would definatly give it a go i had it because ive got PCOS good luck x
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Did anyone else have trouble with their insulin levels after taking it? My insulin levels are normal, so I don't want to mess with it, on that end. I didn't think of this question until after I left my appointment, so I didn't ask my doctor.
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
I heard that it can help clomid work and it is good for women that have PCOS. Several dr told me they believe me to have PCOS but there isn't enough clear evidence in the scan to diagnose. I have been on metformin since April. It doesn't hurt me but I haven't seen any help from it either.
WishingandHoping
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for all of your responses. I am having second thoughts about metformin and I am unsure if this medicine is for me. I have heard reasons some people are prescribed it and it does not sound like my situation. I am going to get a second opinion from another doctor before starting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular