bfp and bleeding

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:57 am 
Post subject: bfp and bleeding
Hi just after a bit of advice af was due wed just gone got a faint bfp this mornin and within minutes bleedin! was this a false positive or? any advice wud b great thanks
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Hard to say i'm afraid , it could be a faulty test or a chemical pregnancy , or it could just be that you are bleeding but are pregnant , the only thing you can do really is wait and see i'm afraid, if the bleeding stops and you get another positive tomorrow then its probably just some early pregnancy bleeding which is very very common, some women even bleed enough to think its a period but are still pregnant .
When I've tested and got a line that I didn't trust I just did another test with the another brand, its unlikely you'd get two different types of test coming up with false positives , will be keeping my fingers crossed for you xx
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:14 am 
Thank you for replying i have got 2 different brands of test, i have got my fmu in a doctors urine tub thing, would there be any point in using another brand test with that or would it not work the same? im just so upset an everythin right now, thank u so much 4 replying, means a lot x x x
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 am 
I used another test and got a faint bfp with 2nd pee of day tmi i no, it doesnt feel like usual af i had no signs of it coming and normally im in agony atleast 3days before and iv not got period pains now, dont suppose anythin cud be done til monday now can it? x
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Aw hun, what a nightmare! Do you have any pain? As DL05 said bleeding in pregnancy is very common, its a waiting game I'm afraid, are you spotting or is it more than that? xxx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:20 am 
Its like a very light period, no belly pains just feelin sickly and a bit of back ache, thank u for replying im no good at waiting at the best of times xx
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:30 am 
Post subject:
From what I have read up on, bleeding during pregnancy isnt a problem so long as there isnt any pain, obviously there is no guarantee I'm afraid but can only offer this bit of info. I hope the bleeding stops soon as it works out for you, its awful waiting isnt it, esp over a weekend when most people arnt distracted by work etc...

When I miscarried I had intense pain, it was so bad I took myself to the docs not realising I was pg and I never go to docs! (its thought I either has a burst cyst or ectopic) and I started to bleed 3 days later, it was bright red blood and was start stop throughout the day (not the usual 'flow' as you would expect from AF) that days after bleeding started a M/C was confirmed) Sad

Fingers crossed hun xxx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm 
Thanks hun, i no what u mean this isnt my usual af either, really light and only really there when i go loo, had a slight cramp before just guna c how it goes today an depending on what happens go out of hours tomorrow x
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
My sister had bleeding(heavy, with a lot of pain) very early in her pregnancy. 8 months later she gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl and my gorgeous niece is now 9 and a half months old.

I also worked with a girl who had no idea that she was pregnant until she had a ridiculously heavy bleed. GP told her she was probably miscarrying but sent her for a scan. Turned out she was 8 weeks pregnant. She ended up having a healthy baby boy.

Try not to stress yourself about it. The chances are everything is fine.

(and congratulations!) xx
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
Thanks, im trying not to get my hopes up 2 much as iv previously miscarried 3 times 1 at almost 17wks, thank u all for ur advice, means a lot, got 1 test left for monday morning, if i last that long xx
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 pm 
Ok so i have now started to feel really faint, hot and sick, i dont know if this is related to current situation or not as bleeding hasnt really changed, any advice would be great x
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Have you been eating enough? Could it be as simple as low blood sugar?
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Aw hun, bless you, try hard not to stress, I know its difficult, I started having a bit of pain this afternoon and thought, 'here we go again' but I'm trying hard to relax and stay positive, I had a quick look a the link KazM posted and your symptoms are in line with pregnancy, feeling hot and woozy, fingers crossed for you xxx

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 pm 
Thank u all, the link wont work on me phone, wel me phone doesnt do what its supposed to, yep been eating normally, i knew to expect sickness and faintness as part of pregnancy i had awful mornin/all day sickness with amelia but this is shocking iv not got any belly discomforts but these strong waves of sudden sickness, gettin really hot (like sweating) an feelin so weak an faint in seconds, the only thing that helped before was sittin outside in the rain! wel it cooled me down an woke me up haha cant even stand up tryin to get intouch with oh again now, thanks for all ur advice ladies means alot x x x
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular