ladies from the midlands, russells hall or Worcester?

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:49 am 
Post subject: ladies from the midlands, russells hall or Worcester?
This is a long shot but have any of you had experiences of Worcester hospital and or russells hall maternity ward? I had my first at Worcester, the midwife was awful and I had am awful time, long story short my dealings with Worcester have not been good at all! I can opt to go to russells hall but will have to have all of my scans there and most likely consultant appointments and growth scans, whilst this isnt a problem I was interested to know if anyone else had experiences of either hospital?x x

Chloal
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
I have heard mixed responses for Worcester Royal, my friends have had their children there and had different experiences. I had my first there he was 7 weeks early and I actually couldn't fault them all the way through so I suppose I was very lucky. The only issue that I had was when he was in NICU due to being prem and I got upset as they seemed to never tell me anything re his progress etc, so I complained to one of the midwives. She said that I wasn't the first to have mentioned this and went to speak to them. From then on they were great, apologised and said that they get so caught up on looking after the babies.
In total I was in there for 2 weeks, spending the second week in the transitional care unit, the midwives and nursery nurses in there were fab and after reluctuntly being transferred in there, I am glad I did now as it was really helpful and supportive.

With this baby things with Worcester have so far been ok, am being consultant led with no concerns so far. I keep my fingers crossed that it continues to be fine.

Have you chatted with your midwife about the problems that you had at Worcester? I am not sure where Russell's Hall is, though I have heard of it before.
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much for your reply, I'm sorry to hear of your time in the NICU, and hope everything is fine now. I havnt yet seen my doc or a midwife with this pregnancy, I'm only 6- 7 weeks and booking my booking appointment next week and know they will ask me where I want to go at that appointment so thoughtt I would do some research.

Very Happy russells hall in close to Birmingham, Dudley way if you know it, its about the same distance as we live between the 2 so travel isnt an issue, more the hassle of having to go further afield for consultant appointments rather thangoing to my local hospital. Worcester have been a total nightmar with us, I have had more negative experiences with worcs than positive x x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
Not sure if I can mention this but Russell's halls has some reviews on netmums

http://www.netmums.com/sandwell-dudley/local/view/pregnancy/hospitals/russells-hall-hospital
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I have no advice as I'm not from that area but feedback on hospitals would be a great idea for askbaby!
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks banoffee, I will have a look when I switch my laptop on Smile

I agree Hayley, hospital reviews would be very helpful especially for those who have a choice where they go, if I'd have known what I know now about Worcester, I would have steered clear from the beginning!x x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
I had Sam at Russells hall, and despite bad review couldnt fault them. I did have to be a bit firm with them, to get admitted, but once in they were lovely.

However lots of people on my FB have been there lately and they are constantly short staffed and sending people away. My friend was sent away from induction 3 times, before going naturally at 13 days over. But I cant say that anyone has complained about the care once they are in. Its just a case of getting a bed.

Pesonally though out of all the local maternity hospitals I would only choose Russells hall, or Birmingham womens hospital.

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the info Steph, I have spent the last hour reading reviews on Worcester and RH and the reviews for Worcester are appalling! Same things I experienced are coming up, the only thing that concerns me at RH is short staff, and I know this is going to sound silly but I know late 2013 will be a busy time for giving birth with Katherine and Will expecting, it creates a baby boom Laughing

By gum its a mine field trying to decide these things, one thing I am sure of is I'm going to be much more stern with the midwives and just hope to god my experience this time will be more positive Smile xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular