Don't know what to do now?!!

nikki238
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject: Don't know what to do now?!!
We went for our first visit to the fertility consultant 2 weeks ago. I was scanned and told everything looks normal. But they want me to go back for a hycosy just to check my tubes are clear.The only problem is because we already have a child we wouldn't qualify for any treatment. So dont know if there's any point in going for the hycosy as couldn't afford any treatment if it did show a blockage. Also partner went to see dr for his semen analysis results, and all the doctor could tell him was that it was low on sperm, so whats that supposed to mean? That he has a low sperm count? So if he has then, not sure what to do. We going to keep trying until August, as we'll both be 40 then! And dont want to have another too late. Partner is unsure whether to go and have another test as he had only ejaculated 24 hours before he went for the analysis, so maybe that didnt help the results. Just feel gutted, feel like giving up now.
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
I would still go for the Hycosy at least then you know what's going on with your body. They may offer you clomid if tubes are clear. It's definitely worth going through with it. I was TTC nearly 5 years and conceived naturalky but I've never found out what's going on with my body.

Some women have conceived quite quickly after the Hycosy too.
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
I would still go for it, it's always better to know I think. And yeah, think your OH should get another test. Think they say to not ejaculate for 48 hours before analysis.

x

nikki238
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou both. That's really helped. Very Happy when you look at it in a positive way it makes all the difference!!! Will makes sure oh abstains for at least 3 days before going for a retesting! ! I just keep thinking there cant be too much wrong as have one child and had a mc in dec, so we know it can happen! Thanks again, feel a bit better now. Xx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou both. That's really helped. Very Happy when you look at it in a positive way it makes all the difference!!! Will makes sure oh abstains for at least 3 days before going for a retesting! ! I just keep thinking there cant be too much wrong as have one child and had a mc in dec, so we know it can happen! Thanks again, feel a bit better now. Xx
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 am 
Post subject:
You're right, for a proper semen ananlysis they should tell him to abstain for 3 days and they should also give you a breakdown, just the top line of how many sperm there is isn't the most important thing as it can be better to have less sperm that are in better shape than a lot that are in poor shape Smile Because a mans body can only produce sperm at a fixed rate chances are his next test will show more or less 3 times as many Laughing
As far as the Hycosy goes I'd say go for it too, its true that they won't offer you treatments like IUI ir IVF but there's so many other things they can do Smile
Just knowing whats going on might help as well , I'm older than you and have 2 children with my OH but was still told I could have clomid if my tube was open, and then when it wasn't was offered a lap and dye to check it, and then when that showed a problem I was offered a tubal cannulation to try and unblock it , it didn't work for me but it does work in about 80-90 % of people so there are still options even if there's a blockage .
It's not very likely both tubes would be blocked though and as you've recently suffered a loss the chances are you can still get pregnant, but as you get older it can take longer and the m/c risk does rise .
There is something called DHEA that is supposed to reduce the m/c risk for older women, its been found in trials with IVF to reduce the number of chromosomally abnormal embryo's , might be worth a look , it does have possible side effects though , good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular