Having trouble getting pregnant is depressing!!! 😥

EcrW
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 pm 
Post subject: Having trouble getting pregnant is depressing!!! 😥
Hello, newbie here and I am concerned. I have been in many long term relationships without using protection and never been pregnant. Now I am married and my husband and I are ready for children. I just removed my iud three months ago and have been tracking my ovulation n fertility. We have yet to get pregnant. I am starting to feel as if I can't get pregnant. Please help? I'm beginning to stress about it. There's nothing more that id like for vday then a positive pregnancy test! Keep me in ur prayers! God bless
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hello and welcome! TTC can be depressing! Unfortunately most drs will tell you not to be concerned about not concieveing until you hit a year of trying but it sure doesn't make it easy on us. You might make an appointment with an OBGYN and express your concerns that you have not gotten pregnant even after having several long term relationships where you did not use protection. If you haven't had very regular cycles you might ask about being tested for PCOS.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 am 
Post subject:
3 months really is early days and certainly nothing to worry about. It can take the average couple up to one year of trying before having success.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject:
I know every month feels like forever but as Nutty said doctors don't consider it a problem unless you've been trying for over a year , or 6 months if you're over 35 (in the UK ).
Even using ovulation tests and getting the timing perfect there's only about a 1 in 5 chance of getting pregnant each month for a couple in their twenties with no fertility problems so 3 months really isn't long . Your doc might consider doing tests earlier though if you've never used protection and never had a pregnancy , I think you'd have to say you were actively trying in past relationships though because they have this daft idea in their heads that it makes a difference (as if the egg and the sperm know whether you're "trying" or not Rolling Eyes Laughing ) Good luck xx
LilyLadybug
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hello & welcome.
Drs don't tend to take fertility concerns too seriously until you have been trying for a year. But in you case, since it has been so long since you have used contraception) I think it is time to see at Dr if you are feeling concerned.
I was a bit shy about talking to my Dr and so I was TTC for 18months before I got the tests that show that I do not ovulate. I really feel like I wasted a lot of time by not seeing a Dr sooner!
I'm now about to start Clomid after almost 2 yrs actively TTC.
I'm on Twitter : @MotherOneDay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular