gaining weight?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 pm 
Post subject: gaining weight?
Obviously I expected to out weight on and it started really well but my cravings for chocolate and sweets and orange juice has been horrendous haha.. I'm already over weight (obese by my bmi) and all the websites on Google have different information.. How much weight is normal weight gain?? I've gained 11lbs up till yesterday and my mil is pulling faces at me when I tell her... I thought I was doing quite well lol x
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
I think 11lbs is about right weight gain wise and I expect most of that weight is from your bump not actual fat. I really wouldn't worry. My MIL used to ask if I was having twins because in her words I was really fat!!

I found I gained weight after pregnancy!!
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Ive gained 10lbs and I'm not even half way yet.. I dont look like ive put any weight on though really, still just about fitting into my normal jeans so i would say 11lbs is quite good for your stage xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm 
Post subject:
Your MIL sounds like a bit of a c*w Rolling Eyes Laughing
I'd say 11lbs is good for 28 weeks , your midwife will probably have a better idea of the overall recommended weight gain though as it varies depending on if you were skinny or just right or overweight when you got pregnant , obviously the weight of the baby and the blood volume and placenta and fluid you can't do anything about anyway and you shouldn't diet while pregnant unless its supervised by a doctor,and if you gain too much then you just have to lose it after but just the other day I was watching a programme about eating disorders and how common it is for them to start in pregnancy Shocked Made me think that maybe people who feel the need to make the "fat" comments to pregnant women should be more careful what they say Question xxx
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
Omg i have put so much weight on this time, but if you cant fain weight in peace when your pregnant when can you! Theresworse things in life x
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Im defo over weight to start with lol. I felt I'd done ok I gained 4 stone with my 1st and cant shift the 2 I was left with.. I lost it at ww after Lewis and gained it all back when I stopped.. I'm probably going to gain about 3 lab this weekend though.. It's my sons 3rd birthday lol. My mil always has something to say to make me feel bad.. Think k need to stop listening Smile x
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
I've put on 1st 10lb this time. But I put on 3.5 stone with Alfie x

[/url]
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 am 
Post subject:
I weighed myself yesterday for the first time, and have put on 7 lb so far, was looking for this post as I didn't know what was 'normal'. I've got my 25 week midwife appointment today so sure will find out more. 11 lb seems fine to me though.

xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Thought this link would help some of you ladies Smile xx

http://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular