Dentist while pregnant.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 pm 
Post subject: Dentist while pregnant.
Ive got the Dentist nxt week and shall be 6 weeks and 1 day Laughing

I know when you r pregnant you get free check ups, however i havent seen my midwife yet and dont have my NHS exemption card (not even sure when we get given them)

Just wondering if they will go on my word or will i have to pay? Also if i do have to pay can i re claim back the money or does the NHS card only work from day of issue?

Also it will be my 1st appointment with my new dentist and i know they will want to do an xray, am i aloud to refuse one? I don't want to risk anything.

If anyone can help id be very grateful.

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
If you tell them you are pregnant they will not xray you, don't worry.

Not sure about the exemption as it won't be obvious your pregnant yet. I had an appointment recently and my exemption had run out as it was based on my estimated due date which was way out. As I had just booked my son in who was obviously under one and they didn't charge me.

I don't think you'll be able to claim it back, if it were me I'd rebook for when I had my NHS card. Unless you have toothache?
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt have my exemption card when I went as I had sent off for it, and I was about 12 weeks. But I just had to give my NI number and sign to say if I had free treatment and wasnt entitled to it I would have to pay it back.

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
thank you steph i will try that.

I dont want to re book claire coz i put it off for ages and they kept ringing e telling me i had to make an appointment. (its a new dentist)

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
My first appointment with my new dentist was when I was 20 weeks with Samuel and I didn't have to have an xray - they said to do it next time... Smile

Not sure about the card though - may be worth calling them in advance and seeing if you need some sort of letter from your GP? x

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
I havent got a card now an Anais is 11wks old.

Ive had quite abit of work on my teeth too in the past 5-6months. They only want your NI number anyway xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 pm 
Post subject:
I went to the dentist last week & they didn't ask to see my card although its pretty obvious now lol. I did notice my card was only valid from the date i signed the form to send off though

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular