painkillers in pregnancy??

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm 
Post subject: painkillers in pregnancy??
Please help? I'm going back to my go tomorrow as paracetamol have stopped helping :/ im in constant pain from spd and it's keeping me awake at night etc... I know I can take codeine but with the boys I cant take them during the day as they make me drowsy and foggy.. And I dont like taking them at bedtime as I wake up feeling groggy and not alert.. Which I need to be woth these 2... Is there anything else th doctor can prescribe me?? I dont know how I'm going to manage the next 10 week's like this... X
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
What about co codomol? Not as high a dose and u don't get drowsy? I take 60mg codeine before bed and it does knock me out but I never feel groggy I. The morning. I take co codomol during the day sometimes but mostly try to do without during the day n cope with baths n hot water bottles x

[/url]
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am 
Post subject:
hi hun i suffered with really bad spd but the docs only offered me co-codamol - i refused it because i was worried about it affecting the baby - i was very paranoid though but i also didnt have any other kids to run around after. speak to your doc and they should give you something xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Doctor was a pointless painful trip that didnt get me anywhere.. Lol. He basically said apart from codeine which affects baby's respiratory and paracetamol theres nothing else except a tens machine or acupuncture which I have to swe my midwife about... I see her on weds so ill ask about a tens.. At this point anything has to be better than nothing.. X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular