Healthy sandwich fillers

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
Post subject: Healthy sandwich fillers
As he title says, I'm looking for healthy sandwich fillers just because I want to stop eating rubbish now the morning sickness has passed. Any suggestions xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:17 am 
Post subject:
I sometimes just put salad in mine if I'm feeling I need to be healthy. A slither of mayonnaise instead of butter, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red pepper and spring onions.

xx

Faerydae
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 am 
Post subject:
hmm, ones that come to mind:

ham salad
chicken & sweetcorn mayo
BBQ chicken
tuna mayo
egg mayo
coronation chicken
chicken tikka
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Tuna crunch (Tuna with a little vinegar and black pepper with red and green peppers chopped in)

Very low fat cream cheese and cucumber.

Boiled egg and salad

Chicken salad

Chicken with fat free vingarette and grapes

Proscittu Tomato and Letuce

Remember to avoid all dressings unless very low fat or fat free. You can get a lot of tasty fat free vingarettes.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
I think most sandwich fillers are ok minus dressings and sauces (low fat mayo/salad cream) the problem is the bread :/ lol one of my most hated things about diets is cutting out bread.. Dont realise how much I eat lol x
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
I love bread too! luckily I have managed to wean myself off of white bread way before I got pregnant and now I actually prefer it. I think brown bread is lower in fats but not really sure. I've cut all squashes out so only drinking water now and ive stopped eating sugary cereal.. only having bran flakes now which from when I looked it was even less fat and calories than porridge which is good and its full of iron I believe. Just need to get healthy as my diet has been terrible for the last few months due to the sickness but now I'm not throwing up anymore I want to try and make an effort with food now.. well I have gone and bought lots of eggs and salad today, got myself the lighter than light mayo and lots of fruit and nuts to snack on. Hoping that will have enough vitamins in to keep me and baby super healthy xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular