Feel like a fool :(

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Feel like a fool :(
Deleted .....

Last edited by EmmaSharonMiasMummy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think you are being ungrateful as such but how much we spend on people does not show how much we love someone so the fact he doesnt spend as much as you doesnt mean he loves you less.

I personally dont see the point in valentines day.. me and oh got each other cards and thats it. Our anniversary is what matters to me and even then its not about gifts, its about spending quality time with one another.. perhaps im just old fashioned.

Hope you feel better soon bu try not to take the lack of gifts to heart xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
I agree - money shows nothing, kisses, cuddles and appreciation means more. I have dug out last years cards and put them back up. Valentines is just another day to us and as show and tell each other how much we care most days.

I think his reaction this morning sounds a bit rude and unkind so it is no wonder you feel low

xx

MrsZargon
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
We don't go in for the material stuff to be honest, we very rarely buy each other Xmas or birthday gifts either. We spend the whole year having fun together and would much rather spend our money on creating memories together rather than stuff!
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
I would be annoyed too. As it goes I'm not really that bothered myself about presents for Valentine's Day but I go mad if I don't get a card so it's not that I am materialistic. I think everybody has to agree that being the one who does all the buying and paying for stuff in a relationship gets old fast. If he's not going to make the effort then he should tell you so that you don't buy for him either. This year I didn't get my OH anything as I know he's not getting paid off his job until next week as he only started with this new place this week. I'd just stop being soft with money and buying for him. My OH can be like that too so I am not near as good to him in that way as I once was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular