support needed .....before i crack!

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 pm 
Post subject: support needed .....before i crack!
my son gabriel has been feeding every 2 hours at night for a while now (HV advice as weight was low) but now ive decided to put him in his own bed and not feed between the hours of 12 and 6 (still think he may need his 11pm one) its coincided with lent quite nicely! (never sure what to give up and nightly breastfeeds is just the thing!)

im on night 2 he took 40 mins to settle 10 mis of crying at 1am and had 2 hours of crying on and off between 3 and 5.

just looking for a bit of encouragement from those who have been there really as i need some sucess stories to power me through the next few nights! Laughing

MrsZargon
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Bless you that's hard. I think it's the comfort factor they miss more than the milk. If you think he's still hungry could you give him something else to fill his tummy up before bed? Rusks maybe? (assuming your ticker is right and he's 9 months)
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely continue, I wouldn't be putting up with night feeds! Sorry if that sounds harsh. I'll leave a bottle of water in Lolas cot and she'll just have that in the night (but then again she won't go near milk and hasn't since 8 months), try water? If he was to know there's nothing tasty there for when he wakes up he may sleep through?
Or try the rusk before bed, babies need a supper, good luck, its worth the effort! Xx
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
Aargh I know how you feel!

Although I didnt breastfeed with amber, we did go through an awful stage of her waking up every other hour or hourly.... it was dreadful! Used to take a while to settle her back down, she used to cry alot...
But we continued what we were doing and perserveered and now she sleeps like a dream (unless shes teething! ) It was well worth the effort.... oh and we always give her some supper before her bath... some rusk mixed with milk/a biscotti.... then she has a 9oz bottle after her bath Smile

Good luck! Keep at it! You'll reap the benefits after all the hard work and I know it feels like forever when your going through it and its easy to give up... but try to keep strong! Laughing It'll defo be worth it Very Happy
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Oh geeze that must be driving you insane. Adam had a night feed right up until 11 months and that was bad enough being woken up once. I would persevere with what you're doing. Does he have a dummy? If he doesn't I would honestly consider it as you need sleep and he will grow out of it in time even though it's not ideal. I can't believe your HV has said 2 hourly feeds because of low weight! Can you not just up his solids a bit instead?

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Ticker is right he's 9 months and he's always had feeds close together day and night but since weaning he's dropped milk in the day and wanting it all at night! I did think when the HV said to keep feeding this could turn into a nightmare!
We had 11/2 hours last night between 10.30 and 12 he then slept til 20 to 6 I was well impressed!
He does have a dummy but just putting back in doesn't always work!
I never thought of giving him supper! Will definitely try that! I'm going to soldier on it really tugs on the heart strings listening to him cry though but I know it's for the best!

Let's see what tonight has in store Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular