Stupid question

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:11 pm 
Post subject: Stupid question
So with this pregnancy being a subsequent one it means midwife appointments are very few and far between. My next being a 28 weeks.. last one was at 9 weeks but obviously I had a scan at 19 weeks.

My questions is though, how will the midwife know baby is breech or not? If I am measuring normally then they will surely see no need to send me for a growth scan.

Baby was head down at the 19 week scan but I know they are still mobile at this point so it means nothing.. when do they become immobile?

I only ask because I have a funny feeling she has turned since last week as it feels like all the kicks are very down low, but im not sure if its her arms making the 'kicks' is that makes sense.. Sorry for the stupid question but it just suddenly dawned on me that what if they dont discover she is breech until birth (if she was breech of course) xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
When you get close to your due date, you will see your MW more often and she'll be able to tell then from the position of baby's heartbeat and from feeling your bump x

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
I will second that. Babys can turn at any point so they just keep an eye on that near the end xx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Babies can turn right up until birth, when my Mom was in labour with my brother, he was breech so they sent her for scan and c-section, however, in the lift on the way to the scan he turned around Shocked I wouldnt worry Smile These naughty babies always keep us on our toes xxx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
I have a lot more appointments this time keeping a closer eye on the size of the baby.. At my last appt (29weeks) baby moved from breech to transverse while I was on the bed getting measured! The week before at my 4d scan she had been head down with her head to my left... They dont tend to worry till right near the end anyway Smile x
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm 
Post subject:
I think eli turned at the last minute, I didnt have a choice but to give birth breech as his foot was coming out Shocked

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
XxCHARnNOAHxX wrote:
I think eli turned at the last minute, I didnt have a choice but to give birth breech as his foot was coming out Shocked

Oh wow, he was born breech!? How was it. I have told myslef no matter what I am having a natural birth.. unless there is a massive danger to baby ofc xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular