Actively trying ?????

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:21 pm 
Post subject: Actively trying ?????
As the Subject says wnhat would you call actively trying. Every day, everyother day or just when it is ovulation time?

When ive been asked at the docs am i actively trying i say yes but the thing is we are not doing it every other day but seem to have gone down to ovualton time only now. I have told OH that im bored of trying now hoping it will get him more motivated to doing it more.
I have been using ov test kits cb ones and it shows that i do ov every 14 day so we are ok on that. But i do wonder even if it comes up saying im ovulating am I?

We was told to do the ov testing for 4 months and if nothing has happened at the end of that to come back and they will do more test. I think it is OH 1 he is overweight and i think he feels he is not preforming as well as he could. He has been taking zinc but still nothing.
I have had numeruos bloody test and all clear so have gone off the idea now of trying. Annoyed of seeing that BFN each month. Good note i am having a 28 day cycle now and it is lasting 3 days so this is regular for me now.

Anyway sorry for going on but i have told OH I'm not bothered no more about having a baby see if he stops thinking about it. We will see this month what he is like. The fun has gone out of baby dancing.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Well they suggest doing it every other day to give yourselves the best chance. If you can't achieve that I wouldn't say it means you're not actively trying but might be worth stepping it up a bit.

Libido can really slip when you've been trying for a while. I reckon we've all been through the unwilling other half scenario.

As for ovulation, the OPKs predict when you should be ovulating but it doesn't necessarily follow that you actually do ovulate, which is why they do day 21 bloods.
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
I think i have got to that stage when i cant be bothered as OH is not helping. Ive stopped taking all the vits just to prove my pointto him as well. He thinks im obsesses but i see hias face when people ask him when are you going to get round to it to which i reply by saying 'we dont even share a bed' which makes them laugh.

We will see what the next few months hold out as i am not mentioning it atall any more.
LilyLadybug
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
In my mind 'actively trying' means charting your cycles, predicting ovulation and planning your baby dancing to be performed at the most fertile time of the month.
Not actively trying would be simply going off contraception, BDing just when you feel like doing and seeing what happens.

My DH & I have none nothing but actively trying (in my mind) We haven't had sex just for fun in 2 years. We don't sleep in the same bed either. He has performance issues due to medication, so if he can't produce his sample via BDing, he goes & makes one in private & I put it inside me w a syringe!
We too are losing motivation to try after so long, especially since finding out I rarely ovulate during my cycle. Next month I start Clomid, so I hope we can regain our motivation to try.
I'm on Twitter : @MotherOneDay
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 pm 
Post subject:
Well this is strange af arrived on 28 day cycle which it seems to be sticking to now and i normally havae 3 days bleed then stops well we are carring on this month day for and i am using pad still. Not heavy but not enough just to us a pant liner which i would normally be doing now, would this be due to stopping all the vits then why it has carried on ??? Question
prenea2693
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm 
Post subject: really wanting another baby
So im 19 years old. I have an 8 month old baby already, & i haven't had sexual intercourse in 5 months until 4 days ago, it was unprotected and my bf pulled out but im still curious if i could be pregnant, i found when i was 2 weeks along with my last pregnancy is it possible that i start seeing symptoms this early cause ive been spotting every since amd i know for a fact its not my period.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
You can get pregnant from pulling out, but you wouldn't have any symptoms yet. After 4 days the fertilised egg wouldn't even be in your womb.
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
When should i take a test ?
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
wait until you miss your period to test, otherwise I would wait 2 weeks from the last time you had unprotected sex if your period doesnt arrive in the meantime. Are you trying for a baby?x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular