Weird cycle : any experiences ?

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 am 
Post subject: Weird cycle : any experiences ?
Will try and keep it brief Embarassed Laughing
Basically i'm on cd 19 and have no idea of whether or not I've ov'd Rolling Eyes
Bit of background, last month I ov'd on cd12 (couple of days early), then had a weird luteal phase where my temps went crazy from 10 DPO (up and down from below coverline to above highest normal temps Rolling Eyes ) , I had none of my usual pre AF signs and ended up having a 16 day luteal phase which is two days longer than my usual , then had a heavy but short AF and seemed to get PMT after it started and for the first 5 days or so of this cycle Rolling Eyes Laughing
So that was a weird one Shocked
As last month was my first month back so to speak I decided to be laid back this month, which worked too well Shocked Laughing
I didn't temp or check anything and didn't pay much attention to anything, even forgot what cd I was on Laughing until last saturday when I suddenly realised I was on cd13 , so I did a morning temp which was slightly below my usual pre ov temps, so I thought maybe I was getting my surge Question
Timing was right so I (TMI time Laughing )checked cp and was surprised to find my CP was high but hard and closed and I had white cm Shocked now for 3 days before this (cd 10/11/12) I'd had clear watery cm to the point I'd been wearing a panty liner but hadn't bothered to check cp or anything as I often get like that for up to a week before ov so no idea what was happening with that, I'd also been quite tired and bloated and had a constant headache which I only remember because we had guests and I wasn't feeling particularly sociable Laughing never connected the two until the saturday when I thought maybe I'd already ov'd ,as I can get headaches and bloating with ov Question
I even had some very sharp right sided pain on the saturday afternoon as well .
Well Sunday cd 14 my temp was up so I thought yep, probably ov'd perhaps friday cd12 Question
But since then things have just been confusing Rolling Eyes
For the first few days of this week I felt like I had PMT Rolling Eyes
I've not seen any increase in the size of my boobs and they haven't been sore which they normally are after ov (I have to wear a cup size bigger normally)
My temps have been all over the place, up one day down the next, down to below my normal pre ov temps even and never quite as high as my normal post ov temps Question
Which makes me think maybe I haven't ov'd yet after all Question
But cp has been high, hard and my cm has been white , I've also had heartburn and hot flushes at night which are normally only post ov things for me .
Last night though I was very restless and having weird dreams that were waking me up and was having hot flushes so I got up and took my temp to see if its spiking at night and to my surprise I had a temp of 97.8 F Shocked which is very low for me , my normal pre ov temp is 98.4F ,and being restless should make it higher if anything Question
Even this morning it was only 98.1F Confused If I was 7 DPO normally I'd get a temp spike now Confused
But sometimes in the afternoon its up to 99.1 F Question
So no idea whats happening Confused
I just wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone, maybe the PCOS ladies from when their bodies try to ovulate but then don't and try again later Question
As i'm wondering if I got a surge but didn't ov and its confused my body Question
Or even if I did ov but had a dodgy corpus luteum thats not making enough progesterone, but surely AF would have just shown up if that happened Question
I've been trying to ignore it but its obviously on my mind as I even had a dream about it last night Rolling Eyes Laughing but I don't want to go down the route of buying ov tests and have no signs that my body is building up to ov Confused
In almost 2yrs of temping (on and off but always after ov) I've always ovulated and got a clear temp rise, so I suppose I could be due an annovulatory cycle Rolling Eyes Laughing has anyone had this and then still had a normal AF or does it always mean that your cycle length is messed up Question
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 am 
Post subject:
Blimey all sounds very confusing Nat! I've only ever had 1 cycle that I can recall where my ovulation was really out and that was when I ovulated on cd7 for absolutely no reason, never happened before and its never happened since. Maybe you'll still ovulate but it'll just be really late? Question
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Yeah maybe Smile I have had ov happen as late as cd 22 before Shocked but only when I was stressed about it , this month I was so laid back i nearly forgot about it Shocked Laughing
When that happened before though I didn't get any sort of fertile type cm until just before I actually did ov and my temps stayed low and stable at normal pre ov levels until then as well Question
Last month it was super early as well cd12 Shocked Laughing
I suppose i'm just wondering as my cycles have shortened over the last 2 1/2 yrs from an average of 30/31 days down to 28 ish and now I've had a couple of ones shorter still that maybe i'm peri menopausal and starting to have cycles were you don't ovulate is something that can happen with that Question
Will have to wait and see I suppose Smile
How you feeling now ? xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Oh I don't know Nat up and down like a yo yo at the moment, though more on the down side. I'm struggling to see this cycle being any different from the others and its really hard to snap out of, doesn't help when you feel completely normal as every time Ive been pregnant before I've felt different so I think I associate feeling normal with bfn's.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
It must be hard though when its not the first time going through it, I suppose you're bound to look on the negative side ,a lot of the IVF Ladies seem to feel like that even on cycles were they get BFP's though I've noticed , maybe its a form of self preservation .
I know in the past though I've been pregnant with no signs whatsoever and felt totally normal Question But other times I just knew and noticed things before finding out I was so it can go either way Smile
But I know what you mean about looking for signs , for some reason after the reversal I was convinced I'd just instinctively know if I was pregnant Rolling Eyes but it would be a bit early for signs yet anyway wouldn't it Question
Has it not helped take the pressure off a bit knowing you still have the 4 frosties , just in case ? I really hope this works this time for you , it would be lovely for you and Teebs to get your BFP's this year Smile xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
See I keep trying to tell myself that its to early for anything to be noticeable, its been 48 hrs since transfer but the blastocyst replaced was pretty much 6 days old so I should be the equivalent of 7/8 dpo. I think you get to a certain point when you've been trying for so long that it becomes really difficult to distinguish between gut instinct (which for me is normally spot on) and self preservation. We actually have 3 frosties left now as they took the 4 out to be thawed, the worry is though that only 1 survived out of that 4 so now I have it in my head what if none of the 3 survive when they are thawed, on top of that if we aren't successful this time then are screening tests will be due to run out by the time we can go again (they like you to have a bleed and then a normal period before going again)so we'd have to get all those done and if we don't do another round before August then we have to pay out for another years storage which would be a complete waste too. Sick of throwing money literally into the air and having sod all to show for it.

We have had the discussion of where to go next if all our frosties get used up without success and that will be back to the nhs to ask for hsg. Its funny because I said to o/h even if it comes back as blocked and they wont operate again how the hell do we just stop trying I don't think I could just like you.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh I thought they'd thawed the 3 this time, just because you only got one from the four though doesn't mean you might not get 2 or 3 from the 3 does it Question
Although hopefully you won't need them Smile .
At 8 DPO most women wouldn't have anything symptom wise that couldn't just be normal 2ww signs would they , and the embryo might not have even implanted yet , sometimes the little buggers hang about a few days before deciding where to get comfy and you can't get true pregnancy signs until after that happens Smile
I agree with the gut instinct though you seem to lose faith in it when you've been trying for a while Rolling Eyes and maybe my gut instincts in the past were complete coincidences Question
Thats a pain with the tests,it seems a bit excessive doesn't it, how much do they think could have changed since the last ones, and they'd make you pay for a full years storage even if you only needed another month or two Shocked that is bad , is there a medical reason for waiting for a bleed then an AF or is it just so they know whats happening for timing everything ?
I don't know if you can mentally stop trying to be honest though Question
Hopefully if you did have the HSG and there was a blockage they might offer you more treatment as you're younger and you don't have children with your OH, they may even change the rules in your area back at some point so you could qualify for NHS IVF Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular