Attachment...is bonding ever too late, realistically?

RiceCrispieCakeHead
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:39 pm 
Post subject: Attachment...is bonding ever too late, realistically?
If a guy finds out he has a 12 year old is it too late to form a close unconditional bond? I'm talking realistically. This is a stranger. He hates the mother for lying all these years depriving him of knowing the truth so doesn't want to go near her and his daughter lives with her. He finds out by DNA she is his and after 6 months since finding out still hasn't made the effort to see her even though she's in the same town. Something tells me they won't be able to form a proper bond. Has anyone got any similar experiences or advice they could share? It's such a sad situation Sad
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Well you hear of kids that were adopted finding their birth Mom as adults and having a close relationship.
She is 12 so there is plenty of time for him to be involved and have an impact on her growing up - if thats what they both want. xxx

MrsZargon
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
I have a close bond with my stepdad now and he and my mum met when I was 11. It took a lot of time and patience (mainly on his part because I was horrid and resentful towards him for several years!) but I am now 33 and consider him to be my Dad. He gave me away at my wedding and is a wonderful grandfather to my dd so yes I do think it's possible in the right situation x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular