Pregnancy Vitamins

Eveingram02
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject: Pregnancy Vitamins
Hi there,

Got a question regarding pregnancy vitamins. When I found out I was pregnant I started on Pregnacare original tablets. I recently started on the Centrum pregnancy ones as my midwife gave me a tub of them for free, but since using them I have had really bad diarrhoea. Has anyone else experienced this? Don't know I different brands can cause different side effects? What are your experiences and which brands have you found worked better for you?
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
I take pregnacare and get on fine with them.

Centrum have different amounts of the vitamins etc in them. Some of them are really high as well. (well they all have different amounts of everything in)

Id switch back if i were you if you felt better on the others. It could just be that you dont need so much of one of the vitamins/minerals and thats what is causing it.

Hope you feel better soon.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 am 
Post subject:
It could be the iron in them, its always mixed with something so your body can absorb it and some combo's can have this reaction for some people, some combos will have the opposite effect as well, I just took the asda own brand , I tried the pregnacare but they were very expensive and the asda ones had the same stuff in and where a lot cheaper so I took those and they were fine, I was only TTC though , sometimes in pregnancy you can get either constipation or diarrhoea as a side effect so it might just be a coincidence and not due to the vits at all xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular