What is going on AF?

Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject: What is going on AF?
Just as the title say it doesnt feel like it is coming. Im due either tomorrow which would be 26 days cycle which it has been for some months then last month it was 28 days so I could be having it arrive on thursday. I dsont why it suddenly does this as it dont it mid year last year but there was no reason and the next month we went back to 26 days.
I have been doing OV testing each month and it is always the 14th day in the cycle regardless what length cycle af is. When im due the day before im come down with a like sickness and very tired but this week i have had nothing so i doubt it will be arriving tomorrow and also im having more cm for the last 2 weeks to the point it felt at time like i wet myself.

The thing is i cant stand anything on my stomache from being cuddled to the dog lying on me. I dont understand why suddenly i cant have anything or anyone touching my stomache i dont even think of it as i dont think im pregnant. I have had terrible hip pain to the point i have hobbled around like a old lady, i was thinking of going to the doctors about it as it is getting regular before my af week. Can anyone explain what it might be?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Progesterone relaxes muscles and ligaments so if you have anywhere thats prone to pain for that reason then you might well find that it flares up in the 2ww , I know I have to be more careful of my back then, and often get achy hips at night just before AF .
Your luteal phase can change a bit normally only by a day, but sometimes by 2 , its probably just down to having a better than average corpus luteum that keeps going a little longer than most, it could be a sign that you released 2 eggs instead of the usual one as well .The higher than normal progesterone could give you strange symptoms as well and hold off the normal pre AF signs .
It can also cause bloating and abdominal fullness or discomfort .
I know its frustrating though when you know when you ov'd and you expect AF a certain day and its late , I had it last cycle with a 16 day luteal phase instead of my usual 14 days and it feels like forever Rolling Eyes I also didn't feel like AF was coming and only got all my usual pmt etc. after AF arrived Rolling Eyes
Trouble is the signs for pregnancy are the same as just for normal high progesterone so a late AF with all those signs could really be either Question
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 am 
Post subject:
Ahh you are amazing Nat. You alway have the answers.
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Well she arrived and decided to stick to te 28 days. So we normally are 3 days bleed and now we are on day 4 of bleed gone from bright red to dark brown, i have been having 3 days of bleeding so why now are we going on 4 days??? I do wonder if something is wrong with this changing like this but i dont know if to worry about checking or not. It was not that long ago i had a smear so I know all that is ok.
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm 
Post subject:
We have stopped the bleeding but today ive been having period pains so im now working the other way round. I do wonder if taking these prenatal vit muck you around in terms of the hormones.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:35 am 
Post subject:
No the pre natal vits don't affect hormones as such not like soy or clomid will, but some things like vit B6 can help support your luteal phase , some women take it to have a longer luteal phase , but i think it needs to be a high dose to have that effect, the vits in general could be helping thicken your lining though and that might lengthen you period a little, it is supposed to be a good thing though (although no one wants longer periods Rolling Eyes Laughing )
I wouldn't think a one day change in the length was anything to worry about, if anything its if they suddenly get shorter that might be a problem as far as TTC goes , sorry the witch got you though xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular