BIG boy baby milk

dada4ever
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm 
Post subject: BIG boy baby milk
Our son is 4 months on Feb 23rd and he is 22 lbs and he drinks 6-8 oz per feeding sometimes 3-6oz. My question is, If the average 6 month old baby is 16 lbs and my son is 22 lbs, should i start feeding him rice cereal 2-3x per day to help with his hunger?
Faerydae
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
if he's satisfied with just the milk and is still sleeping through the night (if he does sleep through the night) I'd say hold off until closer to 6 months Smile
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
My son is a big boy (9lb 9oz at birth). He has 8oz 4/5 times a day and we only started weaning him at around 21/22 weeks old. I wouldn't say because babies are big that they need to be weaned extremely early, just when they are showing the usual signs of needing something extra x

Corynn
Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
He is a little more of a mama's boy now and sometimes I'm the only one that can soothe a hurt or put him to sleep. I doubt this has anything to do with ending breastfeeding, but more to do with just general mom/baby bonding.
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
I weaned Lola very young, a similar age actually and i dont regret it. She didnt enjoy milk and was the complete opposite, she stopped milk for good at 9 months and wont touch it now!
I think you should try it, i dont like following rules and things because every baby is different xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular