C Section...

amie41
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:57 pm 
Post subject: C Section...
I had an emergency c section on tuesday...

does anyone have recovery tips for me please or anything like that please ???
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
Take your time to recover. Try to walk upright sooner rather than later, and when coughing / sneezing / laughing hold a pillow to your tummy and push in gently when you do it. This will means you dont push muscles suddenly when they need to relax and heal

xx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
Take it easy and rest as much as possible. But DO get up and walk around and like Mrs Oz said - upright. xxx

amie41
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
thank you ladies Smile
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Make sure you get some air to your wound too, this helps the healing process and prevents moisture and bacteria. Big granny pants and maternity leggings are a godsend, MrsOz's pillow tip is a good one, I remember doing that Laughing And of course, congratulations Very Happy xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Smile
If you want to wear your normal clothing like I was desperate to I popped a cheap sanitary towel over my scar to prevent rubbing!
Don't do anything more than cuddle or feed baby because I overdid it and hence took longer to recover and even bled for close to 10 weeks because of it!
If you're in a lot of pain, you shouldn't be- I was in such agony and was scared my scar was going to rip apart but its already begun tto heal over before you've left hospital, it was actually my back which has had a bad reaction to the spinal! Xx
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
i second what everyone else has said. u need time to heal and dont do anything that hurta! i still did day to day tasks but i didnt push it. i bought extra large pants and lived in pj bottoms and leggings. i personally hated anything resting on my scar xx

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 pm 
Post subject:
Incontinence knickers were great at first as come up quite high and sit over the scar and are disposable so no washing. Sounds odd one I know but worked for me.
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
Just wanted to say congrats of course to the original poster and rest up well, hope your recovery is quick and easy! - but thank you too for the replies as I'm expecting to have a c-sect in June and will want to know the best things to recover - the incontinance disposable pants I would never have thought of Gruffalo but thank you! I shall go find some before I go in! Smile x

MrsZargon
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hey just wanted to add that if you are an impatient person like me then the recovery time will seem like forever but In hindsight it's actually not long at all. Everyone is different and you must listen to your body but to give you a rough idea....

Up and walking the first day
Very sore stitches about a week
Driving after 2 weeks (but you must ask your mw about this as it can be up to 6)
Walking reasonable distances again about 6 weeks
Buggy fit class in the park 9 weeks

So really not that long at all. Hope you feel better and back on your feet again soon x
EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am 
Post subject:
about the driving thing, legally your not allowed to crive for 6 weeks after your c-section. if you were to drive within this time and had an accident your insurance will be null and void because of the seriousness of your operation. you will also more than likely be held at fault for the accident due to this factor.
each person is different, just take your time, don't push yourself and listen to your body.
I am an impatient person and was up and lugging my hospital bag about the day after my second! but i did suffer, two weeks afterwards i was curled up in pain unable to move becuase i worked my stomach muscles too soon (again!) after that i slowed down and paced myself with everything.

just listen to what your body is telling you and dont push yourself.
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
MummyAnd3Monkeys wrote:
about the driving thing, legally your not allowed to crive for 6 weeks after your c-section. if you were to drive within this time and had an accident your insurance will be null and void because of the seriousness of your operation. you will also more than likely be held at fault for the accident due to this factor.
each person is different, just take your time, don't push yourself and listen to your body.
I am an impatient person and was up and lugging my hospital bag about the day after my second! but i did suffer, two weeks afterwards i was curled up in pain unable to move becuase i worked my stomach muscles too soon (again!) after that i slowed down and paced myself with everything.

just listen to what your body is telling you and dont push yourself.

Not entirely true, if you inform your insurance company you want to start driving they normally say get a dr to sign it off and its ok. 6 weeks is just a guidance really, but after this point you don't need to inform them. I know last time I could have easily driven after probably 4 weeks but still waited the 6 weeks Smile

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
My paperwork from the hospital said to avoid driving for 4 weeks, but it could take up to 6 weeks to recover.

After having my c-section 3 weeks ago today, I know I could drive if I wanted to and Im pretty much back to normal in every other respect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular