Sore finger 2 weeks after splinter

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm 
Post subject: Sore finger 2 weeks after splinter
Hi,

I got a splinter in the middle of index finger after moving wood. Managed to get splinter out, but today i have annoying pain in the top part of finger (nowhere near splinter site). There is no swelling, redness, or brusing just constant pain esp with pressure (even hurting to type). The whole top of finger is sore, can only bend it slightly.
The splinter site did have a hole but that has closed over, so u can hardly see it.

Not keen on going to Doc as u can hardly see where the splinter went in and there is no obvious swelling, bruising or redness. What does everyone think?
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
Are you sure you removed it all?!

It's possible you could have some left in or an infection. It's seems odd to still have pain. I know usually you get swelling or hot to touch as well as pain if an infection but if its bad get it checked out.
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
There is no pain where the splinter went in and the hole has closed over. All the pain is at the top of finger. Finger is warm to touch. There is no swelling or bruising. But i think i can see some redness. Basically it is sore from tip of nail to join of middle of finger if that makes sense?!

Ive taken some pain relief, so if still sore tmorr, ill get it checked out.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular