heart palpitations after birth

Madisonsmommy123
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject: heart palpitations after birth
My daughter is 3 months old now and they started in hospital but died down few Weeks but past month and half been having them allot had heart monitor 24 hours and came back k but IM having them DVD its ruining my life.had any one else have them allot and they scare me I'm scared
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 am 
Post subject:
It may be anxiety. I have these and am on meds to reduce the affects of them. Mentally I am not anxious but physically my body feels like I am having panic attacks

xx

Sakura
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
I had this after i gave birth to my second son, who is now about to turn 5. I was fine during the pregnancy and after the birth, then when he was about 2 weeks old, the palpitations started, all of a sudden for no reason. they were just small ones to start with and over the weeks they gradually got worse and worse. i was terrified as it would last all day every day. i also started to get panic attacks and a host of other symptoms including getting numbness and tingling in my face, down my arms, hands, legs and feet. i had numerous amounts of heart monitors, heart scans, ECG's and they couldnt find anything wrong. i was also tested for post partum cardiomyopathy but didnt have that. the doctors were stumped and i was left to get on with it. after 18 months of severe palpitations, i was a wreck. id had enough and went back to the doctors. he suggested that i try an antidepressant, Citalopram, as it could have been anxiety/stress related...i was reluctant at first because in my head, in myself, i felt fine, i wasnt depressed.. other than about these physical symptoms...but i took them, 20mg everyday and it was honestly the best thing i ever did. i wish i had gone to the doctors months earlier. they didnt stop them completely but id say it cut them by about 95% and i was finally able to live again. he was right, it was due anxiety! i have been on them ever since, other than coming off of them to have my 3rd son, who is now 2. they did return a bit during that third pregnancy and i went straight back on them after the birth. i still get the odd few here and there and stressful things definitely set them off but it really helped me. its so much better than it was, maybe it would work for you too Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular