Couple of c-section questions plz

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 am 
Post subject: Couple of c-section questions plz
Hi Ladies

Those of you that have had planned c-sections recently, did you have to wear those awful white sock things?

Also when you have a planned c-section do you have to remove all your jewellery, I really can't remember whether I took all my jewellery off last time I was in although I had a crash section anyway so can't imagine if I was wearing any they took the time to remove it Embarassed

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Yes and yes Smile I was told no nail varnish, no make up, no jewellery and even no deoderant Shocked Laughing i'm sure they will have taken you jewellery off last time, but maybe you were already out by then, I (vaguely) remember having my removed by 3 different nurses in the bit where they put you out with my emergency section as it can interefere with the equipment ,
the white socks are to help prevent DVT and I've had to wear them for every c section and every op I've had even for lap and dyes were you're up and about very quickly , but once up and about you can take them off Smile xx
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject:
I didnt have to wear the sock things cause they give you injections of Deltaparin (SP?) which prevents clots.

No jewellery allowed in there either

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
I had Lola almost a year ago at St Marys in Manchester. I had to wear those socks for a few days but got irritated and took them off!
I had to remove everything but kept my nose stud in and they were fine with that. I was also told no make up but that was never going to happen with me, the drugs they put through me really irritated me and my eyes were streaming so wish I'd listened to that one haha! Xx
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to butt in but what are the white sock things ? I had an emergency c sec last time and was right out but have a planned c-sec this time

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
They're very tight stockings they insist you wear to prevent blood clots in your legs, the midwife has to put them on for you they're so tight. Xx
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe i won't need them as i have a blood clotting disorder, like it doesn't clot well. Laughing

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
When they prepped me for theatre as they wanted to do a c-section, I couldnt take my earrings out as I was out of it on gas and air, and im pretty sure they put plasters on them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular