Car seat problems

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 am 
Post subject: Car seat problems
I had to replace my car seat a few weeks ago due to an accident, and before we had a britax booster with harness, and I was still using the harness, but when I went to kiddicare to get a new one they said she didnt need the harness, so is now in a normal high back booster.

Problem is now she has a bit more freedom to move, she wont sit still in it. On a number of occasions she has opened the windows (manual winding type) then yesterday she opened the door whilst we were moving (I had took the hire car back and was having a lift to pick my new car up, so hadnt put the child locks on) but the handle was really far forward so I know she was leaning out of the seat again.

I told her off for it, and explained that if she opened the door whilst we were moving she could fall out and get run over, but it doesnt seem to sink in.

Also I am terrified that if we have another accident and she is not sat in the car seat properly she will get hurt. Crying or Very sad

Faerydae
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 am 
Post subject:
hmm all I can think of is maybe going back to kiddicare and explain the problems you're having by not having her in the harness and ask if they can supply it?
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
I was looking at the booster seats in asda the other day and the box labelling says from 3yrs now, it used to say 4yrs. If she is over 15 kg's then she can use the seatbelt with booster chair.
Could you tell her that now she is a big girl in a big girl chair then she has to be sensible or she will have to go back into a harness.
My bil picked up my lo from the childminder last week and forgot to put the child lock on and my lo opened the door. He just stopped in the road and locked the door. He was mortified. I have Eoin's seat in the middle of the car so he has no access to the doors.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am 
Post subject:
It's such a difficult one.. Obvs in your own car you'll use the child lock but the leaning forward isn't sage.. Did you keep the receipt to take it back and exchange for a car seat with a harness? The only other thing is yanking the seatbelt so it locks? That way she cant lean forward... Xx
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
she is over 15kg, which is why they said she could have the one without a harness. but i think she will be too tall for the ones with harness as the one we had her head was nearly at the top of the head rest and the only way to raise it was with the harness out.

i might try putting her in the middle, away from temptation Laughing maybe being able to see more out the front widow will keep her occupied.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular