18month old suddenly screaming when put in bath

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:52 pm 
Post subject: 18month old suddenly screaming when put in bath
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but thought I might get some quick responses Smile

My Lo is 18 months, she has always loved her baths. I'm the one who always baths her. On Monday evening she was having a temper tantrum whilst my oh was undressing her and he then put her in the bath. She screamed and screamed until I took her back out. The water was a little warmer than how I run it, but it was nothing major.

So on Tuesday, I put her in the bath - and she screamed and screamed until I took her back out. The same thing happened last night!!! Any idea what the problem may be, she hasn't got a sore bottom or anything so don't think its that. Is this a phase that some toddlers go through? Last night I sat her back down and got in myself whilst dressed, but she still wasn't having any of it.

Thanks, Jo
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
It must be common for toddlers to take a sudden dislike to baths cos my son did same from about 2. Up til then he loved the bath then one day he started screaming while in the water until I took him out and for months afterwards he would cry at the slightest mention of a bath and would hide when I was running one for him and his brother. I literally had to just try to calm him as much as possible, then lift him in and wash him as quickly as I could and get him out again.
Then one day he just reverted back and decided he liked it and now he loves it although he is still funny about the water draining away x

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
Horrible when that happens. My DS LOVES his bath, but has gone through about 3 phases of screaming...
Each time I just find something that gets him to like it again, our latest is bubbles in the bath - not bubble bath, but those bubbles you blow. Now he loves his bath (even without blowing bubbles) and actually even lets me wash his hair without sounding like I'm killing him. Wink
Good luck with getting her to like it again. It might take a number of weeks, but she will soon be laughing again. xxx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
My 2 have both had spells of hating the bath/shower.. I persevered and eventually they realise they actually do like the bath.. Even if you end up playing games by yourself or singing over the top of her crying lol.. I've done both Wink maybe get a new flannel or something to play with in the bath Wink xx
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter has had phases of doing this. i usually just put her in, wash her off as quickly as possible and get her out. Once she realised that she still had to have a bath even though she was screaming she started to enjoy it again.

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies. I refrained from bathing her tonight but that was more because she fell over and smacked her face in her activity table, top layer of skin has come off on her cheekbone area and it bled for ages!! Hoping it doesn't scar?!? Has anyone else's lo grazed their face and it's healed ok?!?
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Flick went through this stage for a week or so and now she is the opposite, loves her bath and I can't get her out Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular