symptoms?

MummyFlint
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm 
Post subject: symptoms?
hey,
jst alittle concerned. im hving all wierd symptoms like wen i was pregnant with mjy second child. i dont think im pregnant. i hav wht i think was a period. but my periods have changed so much since my second child, i dont know wht the norm is for me anymore. though i have been trying to concieve our third, with not much luck but then again its only early days.

im so sorry to ramble on.....
its jst im having funny cravings and really bad mood swings. extremely fed up and tired in general.

i jst dont know whts up wit me!

im nt looking for answers. jst wondering who else feels like this....
Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
I don't know exactly what's going on, but could it be your hormones are still a bit all over the place? How long ago since you had your last lo? I'm not sure how long it takes (not having been pg yet myself) and I'm sure it differs per person, but can imagine it can take a while for your body to fully go back to normal again after pg.
Maybe give it a bit more time and if it goes on for very long, have a chat with your GP. Maybe you need something to rejig your hormones a bit again.
I'd keep an eye on it and if it goes on for too long for your liking, just make an appt and have a chat. Smile Nothing worse than misbehaving periods.
MummyFlint
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
they said a period that happens between 21-35 days r considered normal. thats all i got from her. she offered me the pill as a solution but its nt really an option wen wantingto concieve. my lo is now 14 months. i cnt help but think i jst put two much pressure hving my first two so close together. so much so that either a) ive caused to much stress/damage/strained my body n sum way OR b) my body is preventing me from getting pregnant cus it needs a much longer time period to heal after being pregnant for two years :/ If it is (b) im jst hoping its not anything permanent Sad i dnt feel at this stage, my concerns are gonna b taken seriously!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Your doc is sort of right in a way, anything between about 21 to 35 days is considered a "normal" cycle, but that doesn't mean 21 days one month and then 35 the next , it means if they're all 21 or 28 or 35 or whatever, any variation of more than 7 days from month to month can be a sign there's something not quite right hormonally , it might not be of course as sometimes just stress before ov can delay it, which would make your cycle longer ,but it would be considered that you had "irregular" cycles .
For me personally I think I'd want to know why they were different before trying things to sort it out Question Do you do any bbt charting or use OPK's , because it might be helpful to know if its the time up to ov thats changing a lot Question or if its your luteal phase thats changing, a luteal phase doesn't normally change by more than a day or so, but without ov testing its impossible to know .
If its that some months its taking a longer time for your body to ovulate then there's a few things you can do, like try and reduce stress and see if that helps, or try taking something like agnus castus or dong quai, a lot of women online swear by agnus for getting their cycles back to normal after pregnancy or contraception, i tried it but found dong quai better for me, it makes me ov sooner , both are fine to take while TTC up to ovulation .
Both are also supposed to help with luteal phase problems so if it is your luteal phase thats messed up taking them up to ov can still help with that Smile
I sometimes wonder though if just the fact you're being pro-active by taking something is what actually allows you to relax and gets your cycle back to normal though as well Question Laughing
I wouldn't worry about pregnancies too close together causing problems, our bodies are designed to have babies and as long as you're well nourished and have no underlying health issues, then smaller gaps aren't a problem,most of my sisters 7 children were born about 14-16 months apart and it never caused her any physical problems Smile but sometimes it does take a bit longer for your hormones to settle down after giving birth , but stress is really not good for hormonal balance so maybe its just a combo of the stress of TTC combined with thinking there might be a problem, thats now creating a pattern of random cycles , which then makes you more stressed Question
I know just the stress of TTC made my cycles go crazy for a while and they went from regular as clockwork at 30 days to anything from 26 to 36 Rolling Eyes , once I realised the more i got wound up by it the worse they were it settled down Question
If you think you could be pregnant though even with a recent bleed I'd still test as it is possible Smile Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular