AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject: Anovulatory cycle ?
Anyone experienced this ?
What signs did you have if any ?
Did you still get an AF around when you expected it Question
After consulting the font of all knowledge that is Google I suspect I might be having one Rolling Eyes Laughing
Thought I might have ov'd last week on cd 12 (friday) very weird up and down temps since (below coverline, in fact some below lowest normal pre ov temps and none as high as normal post ov temps)not really getting normal post ov signs either, and from what I can see online see sawing temps can be a sign you didn't ov Rolling Eyes
Any temp charters that have had this happen and had erratic temps ?
I suppose as i'm on cd 19 there is still time for ov to happen if it didn't last week, but not getting any signs it might be going to Question
Just wondering how likely it is that if I didn't/don't ov that I will still get a bleed around AF time Question (don't want to get my hopes up if AF is a no show Rolling Eyes Laughing )
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 am 
Post subject:
I don't re call ever experiencing this Nat hopefully some one can give you some advice. x
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
All I have are annovulatory cycles. I have a normal period lasting 3-5 days complete with cramping, bloating and moodiness. I even get positive OPKS around CD 14. However I have bloods checking for progesterone at different points in the cycle and they all show I fail to ovulate. I guess the best way to know is having the dr do bloodwork.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply TTC1stbaby , but my GP won't do any bloods Sad As far as they're concerned I've been told I can't conceive without IVF anyway so there's no point Rolling Eyes
Have you ever tried temp charting ?
As I didn't ov test this month so don't know if I would have got a pos Question I haven't ov tested since October (ish)but still normally do some temps and have been having rises, but since cd13 my temps have been all over Rolling Eyes mind you they could have been all over even before that and I wouldn't know as that was the first temp i did this month Confused Laughing
I did read some women have normal length cycles with no ov as just oestrogen on its own can build your lining to a point where it will shed ,so without the bloods it could be hard to tell Question
but my gut instinct tells me I haven't ov'd , I just feel like my hormones are a mess , one minute i'm tearful, the next I feel like when I have PMT and i'm really moody, then i'm full of energy and want to do loads of stuff then i'm falling asleep and can't be bothered doing anything,one minute i'm starving and eating everything in sight the next day i'm bloated and don't want to eat, then i'm shivering and my feet are freezing and a few hours later i'm having hot flushes Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
It is driving me slightly nuts Embarassed Laughing
Without wanting to be too personal, can I ask if you get cm changes and feel different before and after you get the pos OPK's Question Or do you pretty much feel the same all cycle xx
TTC1stbaby
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Haven't tried temping. I keep thinking I should start but dr said I will just stress myself out and not to bother with it. I still have my moments where I am cranky, bloated, starving, hot and cold and all that fun stuff.

I don't check my cm but abt the time I get the pos opk I start feeling wetter and this is probably TMI info but I will wear a pad around that time and will have clear stretcy cm on it. My DH isn't safe bc my body gives me that urge to BD.I keep thinking maybe just maybe I am ovulating but I have been having bloods since June and nothing shows ovulation. Every dr has said my progesterone is 0.00 even with clomid, femara and provera.
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
I have months with no AF and when I was charting my temps are all over. Up and down like a yoyo, more so when I think my body tried to ovulate but didnt I have never bled unless I actually ovulated. I have heard that some people can have an AF when they haven't ovulated.
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Ive never really done temping but when ttc with kayne my 21day bloods showed I didn't ov twice, I still had af both times but she came every 24-29 days. I still got a pos on ov tests too xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Banoffee thats what mine are like Rolling Eyes its a pain isn't it, I also find that when they're up I feel like I do after ov and then when they're down I feel like I do before ov Rolling Eyes Laughing it literally changes from day to day , yeah it read it can go either way with AF, although the bleed you get if you don't ov isn't technically a period but just you're body losing the lining because its too thickened from all the oestrogen , so even with a bleed its not like your body is doing a reset like with an AF Question xx
Thanks April xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 am 
Post subject:
Well still don't know whats going on, CD22 now Rolling Eyes which is the latest I've ever ov'd while keeping track, thought I might be about to ov saturday as I hadf a very low temp then(TMI)suddenly got clear cm,my boobs were tender, cp was high and soft (but closed) , but my OH got all frisky Question Laughing
Then sunday had a higher temp Smile thought yeah I've finally ov'd Laughing but today its back down Sad Rolling Eyes not quite as low as it has been but not a post ov either Rolling Eyes Laughing
To be honest just going off cp on saturday I think I knew it wasn't ov as it was definately closed , but looking back at what I've just written Shocked , maybe the clear cm then higher temp are from the 7/8DPO progesterone rise Question
So might fit in with ov the weekend before this one despite the totally stupid temps I've been having since and the complete lack of symptoms Question
Wish I'd done a few temps early this cycle or at least a cp check when I first got the clear cm Rolling Eyes
If I did ov then I'd be 10 DPO now with no desire to test for the first time ever Shocked so thats one good thing I suppose Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 am 
Post subject:
Still having an Aaarggh cycle Rolling Eyes Laughing
Will try to explain as best I can Laughing
I'm on cd29
I thought I'd ov'd on cd 12 but then had temps that were up and down between post ov and pre ov but no clear ov rise
From cd 13 onwards I had white cm and cp was closed
then cd 20 I had one day of clear cm but it wasn't ewcm ,cp was high and soft but closed Question the next morning my temp was 98.9 which is what I often get the day after ov so the following day (monday) I expected it to be higher at normal post ov 99.2F but it wasn't it went back down Rolling Eyes
I think it was 98.6 which is the higher range of pre ov temps for me , so I thought I was back to square one and hadn't ov'd still Rolling Eyes ,and I carried on having up and down temps until last friday which seemed to confirm that .
Then the last 3 days I've had consistant post ov level temps of 99.2 and 99.3 F in the mornings rising to 99.6-99.9 in the afternoon which would confirm I did ov at some point this cycle Question , however I've checked cp and cm everyday since cd 13 and apart from cd20 never had anything even slightly resembling fertile cm Question So I honestly don't have a clue when Shocked
Certainly nothing around friday by which time my cp had actually gone low so I was thinking AF might arrive saturday Question
Its now high again though Shocked
I wasn't too bothered before but now its driving me nuts Rolling Eyes Laughing
I tested today as from the first lot of clear cm I'd be 17DPO and no sign of a line (on 3 tests Embarassed Laughing )
If the second lot of cm was ov related then I'd be 9DPO and due AF sunday so will have to wait and see I suppose , but the fact I didn't get a temp rise until 7 days after that makes me doubt that was ov as well Question
If it wasn't for the 3 days of higher temps I'd think I still have ov'd Question
Does anyone know if 3 days is enough to comfirm ov for sure or if that can happen if your cycle is messed up Question
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
I can't say anything that is going to help but I hope you get it sorted soon. xx
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Kaz, still no AF and still blank tests, and now my boobs are getting more sore which doesn't even match with being 10 DPO and my temps still high Rolling Eyes Laughing stupid hormones Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nat, not spoken for a while.

I usually have supposedly totally normal cycles but then a few 21 day tests have shown that I haven't ov'd. Was told by GP it's totally normal not to ov every month. Hmmm. Normal, maybe, annoying, yeayy! All that BDing gone to waste...

The last few months have been really stressful for various reasons, I haven't been ov testing (gone off the whole ttc thing somewhat) but the month before last, for first month ever (that I've been aware of) I had no ewcm at all. Bit more back to normal this month, so maybe I'm going through the same as you.

On the months when I don't ov I generally get a totally normal cycle with all the usual symptoms.

Hmmm.

Hope this is just a blip and you get back to normal soon hon.
xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Aww thanks, if I didn't ov at all wickytavs this would be the first time in 3yrs of keeping track that its not happened Shocked Shocked
I know some women don't ov every month though , sometimes even if the follicle pops there's no egg in it either ,just not had it happen yet , very annoying if thats whats happening Rolling Eyes Laughing
Just even more confused now with the temp rises and sudden post ov type signs coming out of the blue since the weekend and I know I didn't ov around then as I've been checking cp and cm Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
I feel for you though having cycles when you don't know whats going on as it can drive you nuts .
Maybe on some of your ov tests they just got the timing wrong and you did ov if you got all the normal signs Question
It happens a lot with docs insisting on doing them on cd21 no matter when you ov Smile Even been a couple of Ladies on here conceived on months when the bloods said they didn't ov Question
I suppose I'll just have to be patient and see what happens Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject: Update
Well had pink spotting Saturday evening and AF arrived on Sunday (cd35) so I had a 34 day cycle Rolling Eyes the timing would fit for cd20 to have been ov day but i'm still not convinced as I had less ov signs then than I did on cd 12 Question
Weirdly though (TMI) I had bad AF pains on sunday for the first time since October , and sunday night had a horrible aching down below which reminded me of the decidual cast I had in October Shocked then started losing stringy tissue stuff that was like that as well , thought it was going to happen again Confused (losing the whole lining in one Shocked ) , but luckily after a couple of hours it settled and apart from some clots went back to normal , but everything I read about the tissue stuff said its from having high or prolonged progesterone levels Question
Well my temps were erratic so i don't think my progesterone was high but it could fit with ov being cd12 and me having a 22 day luteal phase Question
The last time when I had the full cast it was 35 days from ov to AF (I'd taken Noresthisterone to delay AF because I was having an op ) its not that common with the Noresthisterone, its more sommon with women who take contraception that means they rarely have periods, but maybe my body is just a bit sensitive to progesterones effects Question
Something to look forward to anyway if I need to take the Noresthisterone again to change AF for my holiday Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
I started up the cbfm anyway so I can see when i get a surge this month so at least I should know when I ov Laughing and i'm taking the dong quai again to try and get it sooner so hopefully I won't need the Nori before our holiday Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular