My baby girl won't sleep on her own :( help!!!

Loulou86
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject: My baby girl won't sleep on her own :( help!!!
Hi! My little girl is 10months old and has never been a good sleeper due to a milk intolernance and reflux and every mow and then teething!! When we had a bad night in the past we brought her in bed with us - I know this is a debate in itself but when we are so tired I don't care!! Anyway this has now come back to bite us on the bum because she won't sleep in her cot just wants to be in bed with us!! We have tried so many things! Last night we put her cot in our room! Didnt work!! All I want is for her to be a good sleeper!! I would be happy with 10hours!! Any suggestions? Tried crying it out a couple of nights ago - 2 hours later and 11pm at night i settled her in the end as we both had work!! HELP!!! Any advice appreciated!!! Also is this normal?!?! Xx
AliJo
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
What is your bedtime routine? I've always fed my baby till shes fast asleep before i put her in her cot and play relaxing music. When she's woken up, which tended to be either 1/2 or 1 hour later I didnt take her out if her room, but fed her in there so she knows once she's gone to bed she has to stay in her room till morning. I've not really done controlled crying but some nights when she wouldn't feed or I couldn't rock her to sleep I've put her down awake and left the room. Surprisingly she cried for 5 mins max then fell asleep. So now since about 10.5 months when she wakes up after I've fed her and put her down I wait to see if she'll go to sleep on her own and she usually does. All babies develop differently though, yours will eventually learn to sleep in her cot in her room, you just have to be brave and give her the chance to do this.
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
ive just been through this with my son we had 2 hours of crying the first night 1 1/2 the second 40 mins on night 3 and now its down to a few minutes it took us 6 nights we had him in our bed after an illness and i was breast feeding him every 2 hours! after 4 weeks enough was enough!
now he can stand up though instead of letting him cry we go in not saying a word and lay him back down sometimes it takes about 8 times till he gets the message. i am now only feeding him at 11 and sometimes at around 4ish depends if hes teething and wakes.
consistency and perseverance are my advice it will get better the first 3 nights are the worst!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular