Will only poo in a nappy

sazzyl
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am 
Post subject: Will only poo in a nappy
I am so pleased with how my daughter has become potty trained in less than a week. We have no accidents at all in the day, but she will wait until she had a nappy on for bed to do a poo. She has done one on the potty, but the day after she did it in her leggings and since then she becomes really anxious when she knows that she needs one but won't use the potty or toilet. I've tried the same reward chart that we used to potty train her but she won't have any of it!

Does anyone have any ideas? Should I just put her a nappy on when she needs one and let her use the potty for a poo when she is ready?

Thanks guys
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
I had this with my daughter, dry in 2 weeks, but took months to do a poo on the potty. My hv said just put a nappy or pull ups on for a poo, but my daughter would go and hide and do it in her pants. It was a nightmare!

In the end she just decided to go on the potty one day. Loads of praise and chocolate and we cracked it.

sazzyl
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, she will hold it in until she has a nappy on for bed!! Then she'll be clinging onto me saying it hurts mummy and getting all sweaty cos she won't let it out. Then when she does its like a stone bless her, because shes held it in for so long. I've worked in a day nursery for 12 years so luckily know that this is quite a common thing. We're giving lots of praise when she eventually does one, then flushing it down the toilet, which she gets excited about. She'll get there!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular