help ttc for 14months now :-(

terrieann
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject: help ttc for 14months now :-(
Hi iv been qith ny pqrtner just over 2 years we decided to try for a baby early stage into our relationship so as i had the coil in i had it taken out and ever since then i havent been able to get pregnant we had a break for 2months as it was really making me bad thinking whats wrong with me and now its been 14 months again and i just dont know what to do anymore as doctors wont help me as im only 18 and my partner is 25 please help
wickytavs
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi Terrieann
Unfortunately although it takes on average a year for most couples to get pregnant, there's no way of knowing how long it will take or why it takes some couples longer. Are you in the UK? If so you can see your doctor once you have been trying unsuccessfully for a year and they will run some tests.
Good luck xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
At 18 they might want you to try for 2yrs as almost all couples without fertility issues will have conceived at the end of 2 yrs of trying every month, by trying they mean regular sex around the right time of month to conceive .
It's not really fair but they won't offer IVF etc. under a certain age even if you have issues so I suppose that makes them think there's no point rushing the testing Rolling Eyes
Have you checked that timing isn't the issue by using ovulation tests, sometimes it really is as simple as not having been having sex at the right time to get pregnant as a lot of women don't ovulate when they think they do, also the tests can show up what doctors call a luteal phase deficiency, which means the time between ovulation and when your period arrives isn't long enough for the fertilised egg to implant , anything less than 10 days is considered too short . If you found this was a problem then you could go back to your docs and ask for help with that, or if you discovered you aren't ovulating they can also help with that whatever your age xx
terrieann
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Well im now 2 days late i did a test and it was negative so im confussed as mine have always been on tine and normal Sad
terrieann
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:19 pm 
Post subject:
Well im now 2 days late i did a test and it was negative so im confussed as mine have always been on tine and normal Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular