electric breast pump!

heti
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject: electric breast pump!
Hi girls, thinking of getting an electric breast pump - can anyone recommend a good one that they have? Thank you so much xxx
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
i expressed for 16 weeks with my first as she refused the breast so i was using it every 4 hours day and night. i used the medela swing. they are pricey but great. you can hire them from surestart centres if you have one near you.

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
Also had the swing and worked well for the first time. However, went to use this time round and was useless which prompted me to get a hand pump. SOOOOO much quicker, less painful and as it was the same make as the bottles i had, brilliant!

I also this time bought the medela kalm bottle as it is meant to mimic breast feeding. Sadly found was rubbish and talking to others, am not the only one, so just a word of caution on htat one, they are very expensive too!

Mandy x
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
agghhh its so difficult - i just wish they were all fab reviews for one, especially as they are so dear! Not heard someone say that a hand one is better - thats really interesting! thanks so much for your replies, the more info the better!

H xxx
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
I love my Medela swing. I also like the Medela bottle that came with it (kalm). My hubby gives a bottle a night and I was gone for almost a full day lately and he finds tht bottle good.

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I used a medela swing and loved it!
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Heti.. I've just come here to do a very similar post. I'm torn and unsure which to go for.
The swing was always my front runner. The mini is cheaper bit it's so noisy Confused
Then there's the TT electric one hats very similar to the swing...not sure which to go for.

I am buying of eBay as opposed to brand new. I didn't know sure start centres hired them out..I was just thinking how they've missed a gap in the market.
People think it's gross but to be fair..do they not do the same at the hospital? Question
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 pm 
Post subject:
I initially had the medela mini electric but found it noisy and it couldn't cope with the amount I was expressing. When in hospital I used the swing and so bought another once I realise our feeding issue was gonna be a slow fix (I ended up only using for a couple of weeks before she latched on anyway!)
I found the swing was great and I never lost my supply!
I don't know about the other one.
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
Zee, its not disgusting at all! After all, its all sterilised to an inch of its life so who cares if someone else has used it first?

My SIL never had her own pump (she had twins), she hired hers from the NCT.

Mandy xx
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
gruffalo wrote:
Zee, its not disgusting at all! After all, its all sterilised to an inch of its life so who cares if someone else has used it first?

Mandy xx
No, I never said it was disgusting, some people think its disgusting Confused (when i've had chats with people about buying second hand)
I have no qualms with it what so ever. Obviously it'll be cleaned and sterilised, but quite frankly I can't afford £130 for a new one especially as its my last baby
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
I bought my medela mini electric pump second hand - nothing wrong with doing it - many barely get used! Unfortunately it wasnt man enough for expressing all the time!
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
I bought a medela mini electric from eBay for this time round, but didn't get to use it with being so ill. I will be re-selling mine to try to get a bit of money back from it.

I had a tommee one last time and would use it again if I knew where I had out it . who I ahd lent it to. This time I when I wanted to get one I was recommended this one and liked the reviews

xx

mclainpauline
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 am 
Post subject:
There are so many of brand electric breast pump available in the market with lots of varieties. I want to suggest you to use Medela electric breast pump that one of the best and popular brand for a breast pump and its really working good.
gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
ZeeLou wrote:
gruffalo wrote:

Mandy xx
No, I never said it was disgusting, some people think its disgusting Confused (when i've had chats with people about buying second hand)
I have no qualms with it what so ever. Obviously it'll be cleaned and sterilised, but quite frankly I can't afford £130 for a new one especially as its my last baby

Zee lovely, was agreeing with you. I never thought u did think it was disgusting. Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular