fevers in pregnancy?!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm 
Post subject: fevers in pregnancy?!
So it would seem I have got a really bad cold/flu again.. My temp is up and down and I keep getting hot and cold... I've been taking paracetamol every 4 hours.... Is there any chance it's going to affect the baby?? X
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
No, paracetamol is absolutely fine, just don't take any more than 8 in 24 hours. Hope you feel better soon xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
I am absolutely the same. Yet again after 3 weeks of nothing I have an absolutely horrendous cold again ! I keep going hot & cold too - not feeling myself at all and all I want to do is sleep Rolling Eyes

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou for your reply. I have been taking paracetamol every day for quite a few weeks anyway do I'm not overly concerned with them. It was more the fever side of it.. I was having hot flushes that I couldnt cool down and was worried it might have been affecting baby.. Fingers crossed after a long night of hot and coof flashes I'm ok now..and baby seems happy wnough today but she was quiet yesterday.. I scared myself a little as I googled it and found an article saying high temperatures in pregnancy can cause autism....
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
High temperature in pregnancy can cause all different issues to the baby but women who are pregnant still have hot baths n the baby is fine i think its in rare cases. I hope your feeling better xx
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 pm 
Post subject: Proceed with caution!
Please consult your physician before using acetaminophen during pregnancy and minimize use with your children. Yes, high fever in pregnancy has been associated with autism but women have been having fever during pregnancy for years. The rates of fever during pregnancy have not been rising but the rates of autism certainly have. So this does not seem to explain the rise in autism rates.

There is not strong evidence associating vaccines with autism, but what are children given with vaccines? Parents know,and they often see regression around the MMR at 18 months. The regression into autism may be an accumulation of toxins, including acetaminophen. Please look at the attached papers. More research is needed but acetaminophen may be associated with autism.

http://www.ehjournal.net/content/pdf/1476-069X-12-41.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3534986/pdf/nihms428627.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular