Rant rant rant!!!!! - UPDATE WITH APPOINTMENT! :-)

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies

Quick update sorry for not being on sooner but I have had a lot to take in Crying or Very sad

They couldnt determine the shape I was in there for nearly an hour and a half the first machine they where using they couldnt get a decent view! so whilst legs akimbo Embarassed Rolling Eyes they wheeled the old machine in still couldnt really determine it so they want me to have an MRI which could be up to 2 months wait, I then have to see the gynea again before they will release me back to IVF next avaialable appointment is the end of AUGUST! I literally came out of there an absolute mess I am just so so fed up with it all Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So thats where we are at the moment!

Work is HORRENDOUS at the moment with the new merge and relocation honestly I am just getting by at the moment!

I think I may go and see my GP when she is back and talk to her more about it all!

We are getting further and further away from where we can be Crying or Very sad

sorry for the crappy down post but I am just literally sick of EVERYTHING at the minute I really am!!

I am normally such a positive person and say everything happens for a reason but I struggling at the minute!

I think the main issue is if like I had asked twice before for them to look at the problems with my utuers then we would be a lot further along than we are now!

We started ttc when I was 28 I am 33 this year and there is still NO posibility of a BFP in the long term future!!!! Crying or Very sad
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 pm 
Post subject:
I'm so sorry it didn't go to plan Teebs , can they not just do an HSG in the meantime they seem to show internal shape pretty well Question
It's crazy that there's a 2 month wait for the MRI and then a wait until August to see the gynae doc, i'm sure thats outside their own time limits Shocked
I can see why you must be sick of it all now it seems like nothings ever simple doesn't it . Hopefully they can get you in sooner and then if you off to take a cancellation you might see the doc sooner as well, I'd definately speak to someone though about all the delays, maybe they could get the tests done quicker somewhere else rather than hold things up waiting for them there Question Hopefully you GP can suggest something xxx
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Am so sorry it didn't go to plan Terri. I know it probably seems like you're getting further away, but at least you're going to get some answers, and the more answers you get, the closer you'll be to getting things fixed and that BFP.

Everyone is here for you, if you need to rant or talk about it.

xxx

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hun, been wondering what happened and thought it mustn't have been good news when we didn't hear from you. I hope you can get them to do better. xx
Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am 
Post subject:
oh terri!! Sad how frustrating! i know nothing i say will make you feel better, but i would definately speak to someone and see if they can get this done sooner!! its stupid how long you have to wait!! Sad Sad big big hugs honey, i know its taking a while... but atleast things are moving! im not sure what to suggest in the mean time though?? xxxxx
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry nat not had chance to come on an reply, she just said they wanted to do an MRI to get a propler picture of it, I have a really bad feeling about it all! Crying or Very sad

Well I got my positive attitude back yesterday and I feel a bit better so I rang ST Marys on wed morn to check on my referral to be told it HASNT been done!!! Mad Mad Mad why is it always me that this happens to?? its like there are reasons why we are so behind with everything!!!

I explained it all to the receptionist she was so nice about it and said she would sort it out so anyway I had a missed call unknown in the afternoon and thought maybe its them which is was but I waited till thrusday morning to call back and when I did I spoke to the same woman and she said she had rung me to tell me that she had sorted it all out and the gynea who saw me put the request through to be dealt with as quick as posiible and she said that I would receive my appointment quite quickly as she had requested that it be done asap due to the mix up with the referral she also said she would contact the IVF clinic and let them know and not to worry we would still be able to go ahead as and when we can with that (as it says if you dont ring them within three months to commence ivf you loose your place)

I spoke to my doc and he said to be patient and that manchester are pretty good he said he would help me after we get the mri results back so I am crossing everything that we get that real soon!!

I have also diagnosed myself as you do Embarassed Laughing

this is exactly what I get and I really think this is what is also going to come of this:

In cases where the uterus is "tipped", also known as retroverted uterus, women may have symptoms of pain during sexual intercourse, pelvic pain during menstruation, minor incontinence (I do not have this Embarassed ), urinary tract infections (suffered last year 3 times with UTI's), difficulty conceiving, and difficulty using tampons.

I really think this may be a factor as I get pain when I have sex, which is like he hits a wall Question Embarassed and it hurts! I have told the docs that on NUMEROUS occasions!! I get horrendous back ache and really pad period pains to the point where I had had 8 nurofen in less than about ten hours last AF Question

I have been googling this like mad and I honestly think this may be the case Question

I am just holding out hope now that we get somewhere quicker than August!!!

How are you? xx

DL05 wrote:
I'm so sorry it didn't go to plan Teebs , can they not just do an HSG in the meantime they seem to show internal shape pretty well Question
It's crazy that there's a 2 month wait for the MRI and then a wait until August to see the gynae doc, i'm sure thats outside their own time limits Shocked
I can see why you must be sick of it all now it seems like nothings ever simple doesn't it . Hopefully they can get you in sooner and then if you off to take a cancellation you might see the doc sooner as well, I'd definately speak to someone though about all the delays, maybe they could get the tests done quicker somewhere else rather than hold things up waiting for them there Question Hopefully you GP can suggest something xxx

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies!!

It has been such a crappy time recently work has become difficult its so up and down and this just tipped me over the edge Crying or Very sad

I feel more positive now knowing we are getting the MRI pretty soon and I am hoping that once we have that if they dont need to do anyhing we can then maybe proceed with IVF.

How is everyone else? xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 am 
Post subject:
I hope they get you sorted soon Teebs ,So annoying that they keep not referring you Shocked Mad
I have a retroverted uterus , it was picked up in my first pregnancy at 21 weeks so it must have been bad because it normally rights itself while you're pregnant Shocked it explains why mu bump was so small though, for me it meant early scans were very unclear , which is why with my 3rd I had to go back every fortnight for 6 weeks to confirm she was ok after a scan at 7 weeks didn't pick up a heartbeat .
I have a lot of bladder pain with my periods as soon as I need a wee it hurts and it hurts to pee Embarassed this is worse since I now have adhesions from one of my sections , when its ov time and just before AF I find sex can be painful , it feels like my OH is bashing my cervix Embarassed Shocked which i'm sure must be the equivalent of a man being kicked between the legs because it doesn't half make me jump sometimes Rolling Eyes Laughing Definitely a mood killer Shocked Rolling Eyes
I'm also prone to UTI's which used to end up being kidney infections , I never had trouble conceiving , but did struggle with tampons and discomfort and had this weird thing with AF's that I would only bleed just after I emptied my bladder and would get a gush (sorry for the TMI Embarassed ) and then bleed a bit and then nothing again until I pee'd again , except at night Question I presumed it was because of the tilt and my bladder was somehow stopping the flow if it was full and I was upright Question
I also used to have horrendous period pains especially before having kids and low back pain during AF.
Then there's the fun and games during smear tests and the HSG's because my cervix is so high and points the wrong way Rolling Eyes

I do know that if if your uterus is actually folded backwards (retroflexed rather than just retroverted)which it can be sometimes then it can cause infertility , there was a woman on embarrassing bodies who had a folded uterus and they did an op to tilt it back the right way so she could get pregnant , it was pretty simple done by laproscopy Smile
This page has got pics of all the alternative positions compared to where it should be
http://www.1mindbodyspirit.com/the-uterus.html
It sounds like a simple retroverted uterus is very common though about 1 in 5 women have it to some extent Question
If yours is retroverted it could explain why they struggled seeing what was going on , at least the MRI will show them clearly whats happening in there Smile
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I get pain when I wee Embarassed I have to sometimes lean forward when I am weeing Question so that it doesnt hurt as much

Yeah I get that it feels like he is bashing against it and it can be really painful Crying or Very sad he thinks I over react but it really hurts Crying or Very sad it and yeah probably feels like them being kicked between the legs!

Yeah smears are painful and when I had the hycosy the paid was awful and I think its to do with the different position of it Question the hystercopsy wasn't as uncomfortable but it was sore!

I really really want this MRI now so I have an answer to where we go next!

Ar thanks I am going to have a look at that now Very Happy

How did things get so complicated!!! Sad xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
I was also thinking about getting a fertility massage - I just dont know who to trust? I am googling and have found a place but just not sure!

Have you read anything good on them? xx
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I have to do the leaning forward as well as sometimes as even though i'm bursting I just can't go because it hurts too much Shocked thought that was just me Rolling Eyes Laughing
It makes me feel sick sometimes if my OH isn't careful Rolling Eyes , when the last gynae woman was doing my internal she nearly made me jump of the bed as well and I was in the run up to ov then Embarassed Laughing but with the HSG I was earlier in my cycle and was fine Smile
I've sort of toyed with the idea of the massage as its supposed to be good for adhesions but I don't know anyone who's tried it, when people are raving about it online you never know if they have a vested interest Question But I suppose its only the same as getting other forms of massage for sports injuries and stuff like that Question
Reflexology and acupuncture though some of the reversal ladies have tried and they said they definitely helped mentally if not physically Smile xx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Question that's what I was thinking?! I might just leave it I don't really want to start messing about till I have had the MRI.

I have received the referral letter at home today for the MRI so I am hoping that means the appointment should come through soon Smile if anything I am pretty intrigued now and just hoping its not that bad, the letter said they couldnt determine if it was bicornate so thats why an MRI was being requested!!

Thats so odd I thought it was me being odd Laughing I honestly have to lean forward when I wee Shocked it stops the pain well more pressure it feels like around that area, I know its going to be all over the place on this mri I just hope and pray to god that its not going to stop us conceiving with IVF! xxx
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am 
Post subject:
If it is badly tipped or folded and causing a problem with fertility they might suggest a small op to right it first, the woman on embarrassing bodies had a lap and they just used the place where the ligaments are on either side to attach to the front wall of her abdomen and it pulled it back into the right position Smile
I'm sure there's nothing they could find that would stop the IVF going ahead even if it meant a small delay for an op first, and you never know if they find something that's been stopping you getting that BFP and sort it out then you might even end up with one before the IVF Smile xx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hunni, so sorry you've had a time of it lately but hopefully your mri won't be long now and it'll be all go again. If it takes too long though, have you thought about getting a private mri to speed things along? It shouldn't cost too much and they'll send the results back to your consultant. I know even a week feels like forever when you're ttc so anything to speed it up xx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Nat I think I am hoping for something like that as then it means we could get a natural BFP without the invasion of IVF.
I just wish if it is it was picked up sooner by my stupid local hospital, but I just have to be positive now and get on with whats dealt our way! We are not giving up and are as strong together now than we have ever been!

My mum has finally told my dad all about whats going so we have both of them supporting us now and understanding where we are at!

I just wish things went quicker - we still havent received the appointment for the MRI and its been a month now!!! Crying or Very sad I am going to chase them again today!

I am sick of chasing they must think I am a psycho constantly ringing up but they dont see how much time we have lost and how far behind where we could be now!

Victoria we where thinking of going private for the mri but to begin with that wasnt an issue as we where told 4-6 weeks which was fine it was the gynea appointment in AUGUST that was the issue as we cant be referred back to IVF till the gynea signs us back off to them and to be honest I cant wait that long to get started but what we are planning now is to get the MRI done see what the results are and if it looks ok and that we can start then I am really going to push to get the gynea to put us back to IVF as soon as possible.

Nothing is ever straight forward at all Crying or Very sad for us it seems anyway xxx
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular