Rant rant rant!!!!! - UPDATE WITH APPOINTMENT! :-)

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Really you shouldn't actually need to see the gynae for them to refer you back should you Question ,surely all they need to do is look over the report from the MRI Question
Obviously if they think you need some intervention that's different but otherwise surely its just a matter of them contacting the clinic to say you can carry on Question
Is this the gynae at St Marys or do you need to go back to Blackpool for some stuff . August is ridiculous as far as waiting times go Shocked
Even for first referrals its supposed to be 18 weeks or less and for follow ups its normally less Question
It must be very frustrating for you , I know I found waiting for appointments the worst thing Rolling Eyes , I wouldn't worry about pestering them as there's no reason why they can't give you a date for the MRI even if its a while off surely Question The last thing you need is for someone to forget to make it for you again xx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
That is what concerns me nat, that she maybe saw something that means we cant have IVF Crying or Very sad Question
from what I remember she said that that I would need to have an MRI to see the uterus clearly and that they may be able to discuss the results with me when I have it and we could be referred straight back to ivf, eveything I have now is under st marys as thats where I have been referred to and everthing is with them

I still havent had anything yet so I am going to ring up later as I am getting pretty pi$$ed off with it all now!

What a ridic time scale the end of august from Feb to get an appointment.

My plan is to get the mri done and once thats done ring up and really push to be seen earlier by the gynea (if there isnt an issue) and I will be seriously annoyed if I get one and they just refer me straight back (if I have to wait another 2 months to get to see them), If I get the woman I spoke to about the referral then she was really nice so I just hope she will feel sorry for me and push for an earlier appointment.

Yeah frustrated is the word I am just so fed up of it all now I just want it all to go away and leave me alone I am loosing my fight with it all now!!! xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
Seriously seriously pissssssed off!!!!

Just rung to check on my MRI referral!!!! I spoke to the department she said I am really sorry but we have had it, we cant actually perform an MRI as you have a pacemaker!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo angry!!!

We have now been referred back to the gynea as i cant have it done with a pacemaker!!! I havent got a friggin pacemaker!!!!!!! apparently whoever sent it to them has ticked the box that says I have one!!!

I could cry I am sooooo angry and pisssssed off!!!!

So its now gone back to gyena for the process to start all over again, she said that as it will go back and start as a 'new referral' we are looking at another 2 months!

Why is everything against me so much!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
actually terri, first thing i would do is ask to speak to management!!!! that is ridculous!!! honestly you've waited long enough, all these 'mistakes' are costing precious time... i mean you don't have to be arsey, but i would defo be firm and kick up abit! hopefully people will listen and sort it out, i would defo make an appt with director of medicine or somebody who could maybe hurry this refferal or ask what the next steps are to speak to someone higher Sad big hugs!! xxxx
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
That is out of order. I agree though. Be firm with them - you've waited your time and it's their error. Big hugs hun. xx
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
I agree with Mrs S , I would speak to the gynae clinic if they did the referral ,In fact I'd probably get the number for the consultants secretary and explain that yet again its a mistake on their part not yours and insist they contact the MRI clinic direct and get an appointment sorted ,it's amazing what a phone call from the right person to a department can do as far as getting you squeezed in, it shouldn't be a new referral just because someone ticked the wrong box Confused that's just crazy Rolling Eyes
Really they should be bending over backwards to sort this out for you , hopefully you'll get someone who is helpful
I can see why you'd be losing the will to fight now as there's just been error after error and delay after delay Confused , but once you get this MRI then everything will be so much clearer hopefully and it may be as simple as just getting a letter sent to the IVF clinic and you could be starting soon after, don't give up just yet xxxx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
What a piggin' nigtmare Terri!! As Nat said though, you souldn't need to go through a whole new referral. I had an error with my ante-natal referral and after a few phone calls to different departments, the referral was amended and faxed off the next day, I also called again to double check it had been received. I just told the Dr what he needed to do lol & he did it.

I would call the MRI people back & ask for their fax number and the name of the person that deals with appointments. Then call the consultants secretary and explain the situation, give her the details of the MRI department and ask that she 'kindly' gets it amended and faxed off asap! It may take a couple of days but they will do it! Ask when they are going to fax it & then call the MRI department and double check they have received it. Keep on top of them hun and you'll have it sorted by the time the week is out xx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
Quick update ladies sorry I havent had chance to comne on!

Well I rang the hospital and spoke to the lady receptionist (who I spoke to first time when the referral hadnt been done) she tried to be very snotty with me at first and told me that it was the doctor that had completed the form wrong Surprised Question

I started crying - just so frustrated with it all and obv this made her change her attitude she told me that the doc who I saw and who did the referral was only there on a thursday so she would speak to her and sort it out she also said that I wouldnt have to be referred again and that the doc could push it through as urgent due to the 'error' Twisted Evil

She told me that she would ring me once she had sorted it out, I have had a missed call witheld number today so tried to ring back but no answer I will keep ringing and ringing till I speak to her I am not leaving a message as I dont trust she will come back to me!

I have written a letter of complaint to Directorate Manager at st marys about it all and I am going to send a copy to the IVF department so we dont loose our place as thats what concerns me if you get the go ahead for IVF and you dont call within 3 months you loose your place Crying or Very sad xxx
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Teebs, I dont suppose you have wrote into chat magazine??

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Lexismum wrote:

You reading something that looks familiar?
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
KazM wrote:
Lexismum wrote:

You reading something that looks familiar?

Just in the letters from readers karen, a girl called terri saying they need to lose weight in the run up to ivf Smile

KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
Oh, I see. x
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
Ooh no its not me but I am going to get a copy tomorrow and have a read!! Xxx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am 
Post subject:
Well just a little update on me ladies!!!

After banging my head against a wall for a number of weeks trying to get someone to understand I dont have a pacemaker I spoke to a friend last night and she said give it one more dont let them defeat you etc and I thought this morn right one more go so I rung and explained the story to the lovely lady and she said hang on a minute..... came back she has a cancellation and I can go tomorrow at 6pm for the MRI Excited Excited Excited Excited

So thats me going tomorrow depending on the results depends on what happens next!!

If anyone can give me any adivse on what I need to ask? say? can they tell me there and then the shape?

Basically after having the hystecopsy and them not being able to determine the shape on my uterus this is why I am being referred, once they know the shape (which will hopefully be shown tomorrow) we should really be referred back to IVF and be able to start but when I saw the gynea she said she wanted to see me after this but surely if its just to determine the shape for IVF (which is what the ivf consu told us) (because only 1 fertilised could go back if it is full bicornate also if we are lucky enough to get any that far)

Arrrrr!!!!! Cant actually beleive some luck finally!!!!

Have had an horrendous time recently with work and friends Crying or Very sad xx
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
Awww wow good job your friend spurred you on!!

Good luck for tomorrow.
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular