Walking

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm 
Post subject: Walking
My daughter took ages to go from her first steps at 11 1/2 months to full blown walking at 14 1/2 months. Between she would walk across the room and do the odd few steps, then resume crawling for the rest of the time.

Anyway, she is now walking for about 90% of the time and has been for the last month; however I have noticed that her walking doesn't seem to have improved much.

Recently she is wobblier than she was before, she has shoes but her feet are only a 2 1/2 so they are cruiser shoes rather than 'proper' walking shoes. She has also been introduced to wellies (size 3 but wears an extra pair of thick socks). She actually walks best in a pair of slippers or bare foot. I don't know if there is a reason she has regressed or if this quite normal.

Thanks for any responses. Smile
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
Don't think that your lo has regressed. It hard when I lo is wandering around bare foot and then you put shoes on them. As you say she's good in slippers or bare foot. My 3rd baby never mastered wellies when she was little. I just let her get used to her shoes. Your lo is probably better wearing the cruisers because they are softer, she can still go out in them.

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks - she seems to be improving again. Nursery commented that she fell over a lot today because she got so excited when walking. Laughing

Bless her.

I've decided not to worry unless she remains really wobbly over the next few weeks! I think she might be getting a little complacent with it and therefore a little more likely to fall over! Shocked

Jump to:  

Community

Popular